Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank Fernandes passing

Frank Fernandes, one of the driving forces of MAPLE, and long time director of Charles River United (CRU), passed away last evening at home, with his wife Linda and sons Adam and Jared at his side, after a 6 month battle with cancer. Please join me and all his friends and family in mourning his loss. I'll post back when I get more information.

Peace my friend. One of the good guys. You will be sadly missed.

CRU forever

Comment

Best coach my daughter ever had or will have. An honest and wonderful man in the world of club soccer. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP Frank!

Comment

I am very saddened by this news. Of the many coaches my kids have had no one has come close to Frank in term of sincerity, loyalty and commitment. No hidden agenda or big ego. Just simply a great man who sacrificed and gave a lot of himself for the sake of his players. Godspeed Frank

Comment

I wish I had known sooner that he was ill. I would have liked to let him know he was appreciated while he was still with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I wish I had known sooner that he was ill. I would have liked to let him know he was appreciated while he was still with us.
            AMEN to that. Frank chose to keep his illness pretty private, but I know your sentiments had been expressed by others, and I know he appreciated it all.

Comment

One of the best coaches and people I've ever met. Such a nice and caring guy. Truly one of the "good guys". I'll miss talking to him. God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                One of the best coaches and people I've ever met. Such a nice and caring guy. Truly one of the "good guys". I'll miss talking to him. God bless.
                Sad news. A committed and passionate soccer guy who did a lot for his club, players and youth soccer in this area.

Comment

Bummer

I worked for Frank for a season doing U8 clinics before I moved to NH and he was a genuinely nice person and an excellent coach. This is a major loss for youth soccer. My condolences to his family.

Comment

I am saddened on so many levels. Frank took my daughter under his wings at age 11 after so many of the soccer know-it-alls of the time had told her she would never be a "club level" soccer player. He rebuilt her ego, taught her the game, and helped instill an enthusiasm for the game that has propelled her a great distance in it. His love and patience helped to show both the kids and parents alike what the spirit of youth sports is and how one should handle themselves around it. A true gentleman. I will be forever thankful for the tremendously positive impact that he has had on me and my family. Rest in peace Frank. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

My friend

First class all around. What a great person. I am SO very happy I had the opportunity to become his friend. I coached with CRU for 9 years and I LOVED talking with Frank about soccer, the game, the kids, the psychology, the tactics, etc, etc. I remember driving down to Hazlet to watch tournament games. We went to the Manchester United v Juventus game down at Giants Stadium. He supported me as a director of coaching, as a fellow coach, and as a friend. My thoughts are with his family. Joe, please let me know when and where I can help with the girls this season. Just call and I will be there. Joe - it won't be the same not seeing you walking hand in hand out to games with Frank. Please know my prayers are with you.

Thank you Frank for everything you taught me (so much more than just the soccer on the field). I hope I can pass the same lessons down to the children I teach.

I will miss you.

Comment

Peace my brother!!

One of the kindest people you will ever meet. You will be missed!!!

Comment

I had the chnace to work with Frank in business and he was the same there as he was around the fields - just a wonderful man with a heart of gold. As others have said, he will truly be missed.

Comment

I say this with no malice, but as I look on this forum and see how so many people and organizations are ripping into each other, it is a breathe of fresh air to read this thread.

That said, I wonder, when our times comes, how many will have the same to say for us ?

I never knew Frank but it seems we have lost a giant and it should bother us all a great deal that their is no heir apparent ready to fill his shoes.

We should consider that also in our thoughts and prayers today.

Comment

Frank defined what a true role model should be for young athletes and students. Frank touched more people in his good, kind way than anyone else I have known. What a loss, but what a great legacy he leaves behind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X