Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U13 Stars #1?

Now that Stars Athletic are #1 in the state and Stars United has been bumped to #2, how long do you think it will be before the Stars merge Cosgrove's team with Redmond's team?

There are going to be some very good players looking for a new home.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that Stars Athletic are #1 in the state and Stars United has been bumped to #2, how long do you think it will be before the Stars merge Cosgrove's team with Redmond's team?

It will happen at U15 when JD takes over as they enter the ECNL. Top team will play in ECNL and 2nd team will play Maple and Regional 1. The top team will not be playing region 1 as ECNL teams starting 2011 will no longer be playing USYSA. Win win for all players so very much doubt players will be leaving

Comment

Long as they leave them alone for now both teams will do fine. The players not playing for GC are doing that by choice and will not change their minds. They do not want to play for GC (not a unique attitude).

The Stars also know this. It would be silly to foce the issue as the team would leave en masse. Better to have the two top teams in the state, GC's ego will just have to adjust to fact he coaches the 2nd team.

Comment

I wonder how the parents on the former #1 team are going to handle being stuck at #2.

Comment

I wonder how the parents on the former #1 team are going to handle being stuck at #2.
          It depends on how much GC minds.

Comment

It will happen at U15 when JD takes over as they enter the ECNL. Top team will play in ECNL and 2nd team will play Maple and Regional 1. The top team will not be playing region 1 as ECNL teams starting 2011 will no longer be playing USYSA. Win win for all players so very much doubt players will be leaving
            Stars are more likely to be attracting players if this scenario is correct.

Comment

Stars are more likely to be attracting players if this scenario is correct.
              I heard that CG will have both the first and second team at U15 next year. Was that wrong?

Comment

I heard that CG will have both the first and second team at U15 next year. Was that wrong?
                Yes I heard JD was not interested in taking the current U14s at U15 because of the parents

Comment

If it's true, there are at least 2 families that will leave the club. Neither want their daughters to play for him.

Comment

The U13 parents would really appreciate it if the crazy U14 parents and their grudges against GC were kept to their own threads and not try to drag in the 13s. Thanks.

Comment

If it's true, there are at least 2 families that will leave the club. Neither want their daughters to play for him.
                      That's nice but where do the daughter's want to play?

This just reinforces my belief that parents should observe a 100 ft setback rule from practice facilities.

The most enjoable part of all this parental drivel is that in 10 years it will all be a distant memory.

Comment

Coaches work for the parents. Its that simple. If a parent chooses to hire a coach to work with his/her talented daughter, the coach should be thankful.

Comment

Yes I heard JD was not interested in taking the current U14s at U15 because of the parents
                          I heard the same thing. The current Stars U-14 parents bring many headaches and JD doesn't want them. It will be interesting if GC continues to coach this team next year because I know a few families who had enough of him. It may benefit the Scorpions now that they are in ECNL.

Comment

I heard the same thing. The current Stars U-14 parents bring many headaches and JD doesn't want them. It will be interesting if GC continues to coach this team next year because I know a few families who had enough of him. It may benefit the Scorpions now that they are in ECNL.
                            what rubbish, the reason JD is not taking the current U14s at U15 is because he has to many teams next year. JD has dealt with many parents in the years past and now that are far worse that what are on the current U14s. This decision has nothing to do with parents.

Comment

Coaches work for the parents. Its that simple. If a parent chooses to hire a coach to work with his/her talented daughter, the coach should be thankful.

And here in a nutshell is the a post that highlights everything that is wrong these days with youth sports.

Wrong, coaches work for the TEAM first, the PLAYERS second, and the CLUB third. The parents are somewhere down in the hierarchy with the landscapers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X