Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOURDES GIRLS SOCCER

LOURDES SOCCER IS CURRENTLY 12-2-1. THE TWO LOSSES COMING THIS PAST WEEKEND 12/8 & 12/9 AT THE "BROOKE WELCH MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT" IN RIDGELAND MISSISSIPPI. LOURDES LOST 4-1 TO DEFENDING 3A STATE CHAMP MADISON, ST. JOE. THEIR # 14 UP FRONT HAD TO MUCH SPEED AND SKILL TO CONTAIN AND SHE HAS SIGNED WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL.
    LOURDES LOST 2-1 TO DEFENDING 5A STATE CHAMPS RIDGELAND, MS. THE WINNING GOAL COMING IN THE FINAL 10 MINUTES FROM RIDGELAND'S PARADE ALL AMERICAN AND UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL SIGNEE #8 WITH A BEAUTIFUL SHOT FROM 30 YARDS OUT TO THE UPPER LEFT CORNER.
    LOURDES DOMINATED THEIR 3RD GAME AND WON 2-0 AGAINST GREENVILLE, ST. JOES.
    LOURDES IS CURRENTLY UNDEFEATED AND UNSCORED UPON IN SOUTH FLORIDA SO FAR THIS SEASON.

what class are they and who will be their biggest challenge?

Comment

LOURDES SOCCER

LOURDES IS 6A.

THERE ARE A FEW GOOD 6A TEAMS DOWN HERE IN MIAMI DADE THIS SEASON. TOUGHEST COMPETITION TO GET THROUGH REGIONALS WILL MOST LIKELY BE CORAL REEF AND MIAMI SPRINGS. THERE ARE A COUPLE OTHER'S THAT COULD SURPRISE IN THE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT. WE'LL SEE...

Comment

Re: LOURDES GIRLS SOCCER

Originally posted by RAYOFSUN64
        LOURDES SOCCER IS CURRENTLY 12-2-1. THE TWO LOSSES COMING THIS PAST WEEKEND 12/8 & 12/9 AT THE "BROOKE WELCH MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT" IN RIDGELAND MISSISSIPPI. LOURDES LOST 4-1 TO DEFENDING 3A STATE CHAMP MADISON, ST. JOE. THEIR # 14 UP FRONT HAD TO MUCH SPEED AND SKILL TO CONTAIN AND SHE HAS SIGNED WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL.
        LOURDES LOST 2-1 TO DEFENDING 5A STATE CHAMPS RIDGELAND, MS. THE WINNING GOAL COMING IN THE FINAL 10 MINUTES FROM RIDGELAND'S PARADE ALL AMERICAN AND UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL SIGNEE #8 WITH A BEAUTIFUL SHOT FROM 30 YARDS OUT TO THE UPPER LEFT CORNER.
        LOURDES DOMINATED THEIR 3RD GAME AND WON 2-0 AGAINST GREENVILLE, ST. JOES.
        LOURDES IS CURRENTLY UNDEFEATED AND UNSCORED UPON IN SOUTH FLORIDA SO FAR THIS SEASON.
        They are still undefeated in south fla, but they were just scored on by a samll 3a school Lasalle. But according to the Lourdes coach, there just isn't any competition in so fla. They have to go to out of state to find it. Why don't they play other 3a teams such as Gulliver and Archbishop Carroll. Lasalle had the guts to play them.

Comment

GIRLS SOCCER

First of all the Lourdes coach never said that they had to go outside of Dade to find competition, that was a player quoted in the Herald at the beginning of the season. Secondly it is true that Lasalle scored a goal against Lourdes yesterday, and this is the first and only goal that a south florida team has scored on Lourdes this year. Finally, Lourdes does play other schools and will play Gulliver at the end of the regular season. So, get your facts straight first before jumping on someone's team. In addition Lourdes has not lost to another Dade team since January of 2003! That means that this senior class has never experienced a loss to another Dade team, which over the last 4 season's has included such schools as Killian, American, Gulliver, Varela, Gables, Varela and Miami Springs to name a few.

Comment

Re: GIRLS SOCCER

First of all the Lourdes coach never said that they had to go outside of Dade to find competition, that was a player quoted in the Herald at the beginning of the season. Secondly it is true that Lasalle scored a goal against Lourdes yesterday, and this is the first and only goal that a south florida team has scored on Lourdes this year. Finally, Lourdes does play other schools and will play Gulliver at the end of the regular season. So, get your facts straight first before jumping on someone's team. In addition Lourdes has not lost to another Dade team since January of 2003! That means that this senior class has never experienced a loss to another Dade team, which over the last 4 season's has included such schools as Killian, American, Gulliver, Varela, Gables, Varela and Miami Springs to name a few.
            But I do know for a fact that this is the first time in 4 years that they play Lasalle. And why don't they play Archbishop Carroll. I know the coach did approach Lourdes to play them. Yes they did play Gulliver, but they tied. Have they also played Palmetto? Maybe they will now that the Day sisters graduated.

Comment

Re: GIRLS SOCCER

Originally posted by guest2334
              I was at the game when they played 2 years ago and it was a good ole fashion but kicking with the exception of the score Gulliver must have taken 40 shots compared to Lourdes 2 or 3. While a tie is a tie I remember reading a quote from the Lourdes coach that it was a moral victory to tie a school like Gulliver. I also read the this years write up about the season and the writer made it seem like the Lourdes coach did say that he had to leave Dade County to find any competition. I do not know the Lourdes coach but I have heard that he is a very good man I also heard that he does not do the schedule the AD does.

But I do know for a fact that this is the first time in 4 years that they play Lasalle. And why don't they play Archbishop Carroll. I know the coach did approach Lourdes to play them. Yes they did play Gulliver, but they tied. Have they also played Palmetto? Maybe they will now that the Day sisters graduated.

Comment

Not to mention your original post talked exclusively about this year. And so far your schedule in so fla did not include any of your above mentioned schools except Gables. Yes you will play Gulliver in the last game, lets see then what your team is made of. And even if it was a player not the coach who said that this time, I have heard it before, it is not the first time that comment has been made.

Comment

girls soccer

O.K. Let me explain a few things to you about scheduling. First you have to play everyone in your district twice, which in Lourdes District accounts for 14 games. This limits your choices right off the bat. Next, if you play in a regular season tournament that is usually 3 more games which now brings the total # of games to 17 before any outside scheduling goes on. Next you have schools that you have had long standing relationships with that you give priority to if they want to play you. Next, if room allows, you look for other competition that can better prepare your team, that is also why Lourdes will also be playing a very good Archbishop Mccarthy team, from Broward, as the next to last game of the regular season.

In years past we have played ABC, and Lasalle use to be on the yearly schedule until about 8 years ago when Lasalle stopped playing Lourdes in all sports, you'll have to ask Lasalle about that one. Lourdes schedule was set in April so by the time more coaches inquired about an additional game there was no room left on the schedule. It simply is not possible to play every team that might want to play you, some teams will be left out.

If and when the Athletic Directors all decide to play each team in their district once instead of twice, that will allow for more out of district scheduling to be readily available.

I hope that this will help you to understand a little more.

Comment

That is the same scheduling problems that every school has. Yet some schools manage to play against schools that will challenge them. How about not going out of state to play in a tournament and playing some schools at home. You are also going way back to make a point about Lasalle. I think no one would have a problem with Lourdes if they were not always making comments like they did (no matter who it was) at the beginning of the season.

Comment

girls soccer

I agree that the comment should never had been made, it serves no purpose other then giving more motivation to your competition. As far as traveling out of state for the tournament, that turned out to be a great experience for the team both on and off the field. Sometimes there is more to soccer then the game itself. This was the first tournament that Lourdes had been invited to since the St. Thomas Aquinas tournament back in Dec. of 2000.

In the end all that really matters, win or lose, is that the girls try to play their best, day in and day out, and whatever happens their best effort is left on the field. I think that is all any coach would want for their team.

All the Best!

Comment

TB U14 just gutted best dade travel team (Hammocks U18) in West Pines. So do not crow about dade county soccer look at 6a ranking to see that Palm Beach and Broward dominate rankings top 20 in state.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                          TB U14 just gutted best dade travel team (Hammocks U18) in West Pines. So do not crow about dade county soccer look at 6a ranking to see that Palm Beach and Broward dominate rankings top 20 in state.
                          Rankings-lol. They topped the rankings last year too! Funny that they didn't win all the championships, though.The guy that does the rankings is from south florida. He tries his best, but the rankings will never be great until each area is as well known.

Comment

So how is Lourdes doing now?

Comment

lourdes won the regional finals against miami springs in penalty kicks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X