X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No World Cup for Beckham

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

Sad to see, I think you could tell how much it meant to him...he looked devastated.

Comment

"Beckham is not well. To see him suffer like that has really touched us."

Comment

On the subject of heart breaking World Cup injuries, how is Charlie Davies doing? Haven't seen any mention of his name being rostered. Guess that was one miracle too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          On the subject of heart breaking World Cup injuries, how is Charlie Davies doing? Haven't seen any mention of his name being rostered. Guess that was one miracle too many.
          Dempsey started in the ManU game but he did not perform too well. Sad to see Beck is over. England got quite a few aging stars, time to play the younger guys.

Comment

Tragic for Beckham, he really wanted this although I think it was a little unlikely that he was going to be picked by Capello. On the US side, good to see Dempsey back, Davies expects to be on the field in April, he's back training now and continuing rehab in France and Onyewu is back training with the US and AC Milan and expects to be playing again shortly. Looks like the US should be fit for the World Cup

Comment

I think this is good news for england.

There is now no pressure to put in beckham. His set pieces are great but he lacks pace. He had really lost a 1/2 to a 1/4 step. will also step up competition among players to take his spot which benefits the whole team. he is obviously in the back nine of his career, he thinks he has 9 holes to play but but he may be in the sand trap of the 18th hole.

Wonder if they will put some speed into play and attack more from the back.

I am concerned about the US back line....at times their feet are in sand and they are watching the play..

Comment

I think this is good news for england.

There is now no pressure to put in beckham. His set pieces are great but he lacks pace. He had really lost a 1/2 to a 1/4 step. will also step up competition among players to take his spot which benefits the whole team. he is obviously in the back nine of his career, he thinks he has 9 holes to play but but he may be in the sand trap of the 18th hole.

Wonder if they will put some speed into play and attack more from the back.

I am concerned about the US back line....at times their feet are in sand and they are watching the play..
                THe US back line, I share your concern.

How on earth are the going to contain Rooney? Have you seen him play recently? Unbelievable determination and effort. He is on fire.

Comment

THe US back line, I share your concern.

How on earth are the going to contain Rooney? Have you seen him play recently? Unbelievable determination and effort. He is on fire.
                  Rooney is the 3rd best player in the world behind Iniesta and Messi

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X