X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental BAN Issued

You guys sure know when I make a mistake :D

I issued a ban to an anonymous user earlier this morning due to a threat being issued to another poster. But, it looks like I had a mistake in my new banning system code, because once I did that, my email box got blasted with over 150 emails from you guys in 5 minutes. After a quick look at the code, I realized, that I had an error in my banning script and it banned any "Anonymous" users, despite me typing the correct IP code to ban. The code was promptly fixed and replaced.

Sorry for the glitch folks and sorry you missed an hour's worth of reading :D But, if you never did anything wrong and something like this happens again, just send me a nice note and I will be sure to look into it. Some of you were just mean in your emails. I am glad to see you are addicted to the site, but relax a little. Because despite my coding prowess, I am bound to make a mistake or two in a few of the 2,400 web pages of code that make up this site :D

Hopefully everything should be working now!

-TS Admin

Re: Accidental BAN Issued

Originally posted by Admin
    You guys sure know when I make a mistake :D

I issued a ban to an anonymous user earlier this morning due to a threat being issued to another poster. But, it looks like I had a mistake in my new banning system code, because once I did that, my email box got blasted with over 150 emails from you guys in 5 minutes. After a quick look at the code, I realized, that I had an error in my banning script and it banned any "Anonymous" users, despite me typing the correct IP code to ban. The code was promptly fixed and replaced.

Sorry for the glitch folks and sorry you missed an hour's worth of reading :D But, if you never did anything wrong and something like this happens again, just send me a nice note and I will be sure to look into it. Some of you were just mean in your emails. I am glad to see you are addicted to the site, but relax a little. Because despite my coding prowess, I am bound to make a mistake or two in a few of the 2,400 web pages of code that make up this site :D

Hopefully everything should be working now!

-TS Admin
    Thanks Admin! You should ban those that were mean. There is no reason to be mean. This is a free site!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      Thanks Admin! You should ban those that were mean. There is no reason to be mean. This is a free site!
      Nahhh! The intense emails were funny to read. I just hope the server never crashes beyond repair. Who knows what I will get if that ever happened! :D

Comment

I'm assuming the ban involved the east lake topic as the entire thread seems to be missing. Was this on purpose?

Comment

Nahhh! The intense emails were funny to read. :D
          Here is the message I received this morning when I tried to view the forum:

You have been banned from this board until Sat May 24, 2008 9:29 am.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Threat Issued to poster in Topic 17781 (West Pines...). Threats will NOT be tolerated! 24 Hour Ban Issued.

A ban has been issued on your username.
          Apparently like many other people, I immediately sent e-mails to the administrator that were unanswered, and I only discovered this thread when I tried the forum again a couple of hours later. Now the administrator informs us that accusing readers of making threats was simply a mistake and that indignant e-mails like mine were "funny to read."

This is a very disappointing response from the administrator.

Comment

Nahhh! The intense emails were funny to read. :D
            Here is the message I received this morning when I tried to view the forum:

You have been banned from this board until Sat May 24, 2008 9:29 am.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Threat Issued to poster in Topic 17781 (West Pines...). Threats will NOT be tolerated! 24 Hour Ban Issued.

A ban has been issued on your username.

Apparently like many other people, I immediately sent e-mails to the administrator that were unanswered, and I only discovered this thread when I tried the forum again a couple of hours later. Now the administrator informs us that accusing readers of making threats was simply a mistake and that indignant e-mails like mine were "funny to read."

Dude, are you for real? This is a free site! If Admin hurt your feelings, then don't come back.

Comment

Dude, are you for real? This is a free site! If Admin hurt your feelings, then don't come back.
              Dear poster, it's not a question of hurt feelings. I was accused of making a threat. This is usually regarded as a serious accusation in the offline world of grown-ups, where I live.

Comment

I'm assuming the ban involved the east lake topic as the entire thread seems to be missing. Was this on purpose?

East Lake U-13 girls topic has disappeared. Any reason why?

Comment

Dear poster, it's not a question of hurt feelings. I was accused of making a threat. This is usually regarded as a serious accusation in the offline world of grown-ups, where I live.
                  If you cant bash the kids,then bash the admin. Standard prcedure :roll:

Comment

If you cant bash the kids,then bash the admin. Standard prcedure :roll:
                    I am writing for intelligent readers, not for you. I do find it fascinating, by the way, that you can type so well with your knuckles. :)

Comment

Geez.....he made a mistake. He discovered it, fixed it, and apologized.

Now lighten up before someone accuses you of being a jamoke.

Comment

Not actually. This particular thread has received multiple reports from multiple users, so its currently under review. After I get a chance to review it, I will either put it back up as is or take action one way or another. Bottom line, is that it's moved to a secure spot for me to review before I release it back to the public.

Sorry I disappointed you, hurt your feelings, let you down, didn't reply to your email and etc. But, I am not going to reply back to 200+ TS emails on the SAME subject that I can clear up with one simple post. As far as the threat accusation goes, we did have a threat and a significant one, in one of the threads. My new banning software lets me give the user a ban reason, length of ban and etc., so they don't think the board is just broken and they know what they did. It all worked as planned, but the glitch in the code for anonymous users. Even then, when I got my 200 emails this morning, I quickly went into action and fixed the issue.

In regards to not replying to your "indignant" email, how do you know I was referring to YOUR email, feeling guilty about something hmmmm?????? I only quickly glanced at the emails and the few that I was referring to were very funny because they were WAY BEYOND the line of notifying me of a glitch or even accusing someone of a threat (which was real). So, I was attempting to use humor to make fun of my programming error and notify all the users of the problem. Apparently, that's why I do programming and not stand up :JokeDrum: But if I honestly posted some of the emails I got (I won't), everyone would get a laugh. We are all guilty of it one time or another :)

Comment

Geez.....he made a mistake. He discovered it, fixed it, and apologized.

Now lighten up before someone accuses you of being a jamoke.
                          Jamoke: "A clumsy loser who is incapable of doing normal human tasks." (Urban Dictionary)
                          The accusation wouldn't stick, Reese! But I'll take your advice. :)

Comment

In regards to not replying to your "indignant" email, how do you know I was referring to YOUR email, feeling guilty about something hmmmm??????
                            Of course I don't know; you referred to "intense emails." That's a pretty broad description, and the two brief e-mails I sent seeking an explanation could easily be described as intense. And good grief, I'm not feeling guilty about anything -- I'm not the one who falsely accused innocent readers en masse!

I only quickly glanced at the emails and the few that I was referring to were very funny because they were WAY BEYOND the line of notifying me of a glitch or even accusing someone of a threat (which was real). So, I was attempting to use humor to make fun of my programming error and notify all the users of the problem. Apparently, that's why I do programming and not stand up :JokeDrum:
                            OK, OK, I understand now, and besides, I can't resist a good emoticon. All is forgiven. :smt035

Comment

I got the e-mail. I knew I hadn't made any threats. I assumed that it was just a mistake. I contacted the Administrator stating such. I did not assume my rights were being threatened, call my lawyer, or threaten suit. I am a grown up who lives in a world of grownups who act like grown ups, not babies who throw a hissy fits because they think they can't have their way. Grow up, will you, and join the real world.

Comment

Working...
                              X