Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan Rush Nike

Rush is coming to us in Central Florida.

Should we embrace Rush or run from it?

Re: Michigan Rush Nike

run as fast as you can!!

Comment

Why run?

Comment

just another club looking to cash in on unsuspecting parents, and get them from going from $500 fun teams to $1500 not so fun, pressured, political teams that can produce, but often fall short where paying parents watch their kids sit on the sidelines...

Comment

I played on a Rush team that seemed very good but people couldnt play because of money and we dropped down to only 8 players, which suck, but playing for any priemere team is a great experience, i would just make sure you are playing for one that is well organized, is at a good price, and at your level. The last one is the most important, if you are not at the level of kids that you are playing with and then dont get any playing time you dont have the right to complain. If you are only at a level at this point in your career where you can play with those at a low primereship or mabye even a local rec league do that and work on your skills in the offseason.

One thing though is the training you will recieve in practice is great. I would rather have 2 days of practice with my priemere coach then 5 days of practice with my High School coach.

Comment

What are the upsides? Downsides?

Comment

Some of their coaches are pretty full of themselves. Then again, what large club doesnt have their share of them?

Comment

Parents, you can put anyone out of business who does not respect you and, more importantly, your child. Quit writing checks...period.

Comment

Parents, you can put anyone out of business who does not respect you and, more importantly, your child. Quit writing checks...period.
                  For sure. Parents, get input from those already in the club.

Comment

While the previous posts in this thread do not specifically criticize Michigan Rush (the opening comment salvo of "run away", seems to indicate a bias against larger, more regional clubs in general and any club can have coaches that seem full of themselves - just like forum posters!), I would like to specifically endorse Michigan Rush as a participating family. I want to do this just in case others reading this might infer something negative about the club from generalized comments.

The club is not perfect, which I hope is not a surprise to anyone. However, it has been a very good fit for our family after "out-growing" two other clubs as our kids have gotten older/more experienced. The advice to get input from parents and players already in a club is an excellent one. This is exactly how we ended up at Rush and we have had many other parents ask about the club while they have considered if it is the right fit for them.

Whether or not you approve of "pre-tryout" training (I don't mean to open that can of worms), tis is also an excellent way to determine if the club, coaching, players, etc. are a good fit for your kid. Again, this is how we ended up at Rush after some late spring training with Rush a couple other clubs.

The Florida Rush program cited at the start of this thread has done pretty well also. I'm sure their are parents and players for which Rush has not been a perfect fit (again, like any other club). Players getting cut, coaches leaving or being reassigned, commitment level changing as players get older, can all make any club less than a perfect fit. My advice is to shop. Pick just like you would a college, where you balance cost, competitiveness, teaching environment, and culture.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X