Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VARDAR EAST GU11 TEAM

As a parent of an under 11 girl playing for Vardar East, I do have to say I am ashamed for my girl to be pressured to continue to play and represent this club. Their director has repeatedly pressured our coach Jack McPherson with mind games of telling him that we as parents have been calling Rick Christensen and that we want Jack McPherson gone. When Coach Jack wasn't at our game Friday night, we tried to put the pieces together as to what was going on. Rick put on a good show, making Jack look bad; practically making it look like Jack was a quitter. After Rick left, all of us parents had a meeting, some parents whom have been here all along, and the new ones. When our assistant coach was visably shaken with the fact that Jack may be gone, she asked how many of us have contacted Rick Christensen asking that Jack McPherson leave, nobody raised their hands but many of us raised our hands stating we never called Rick, nor do we even know who he is. Our assistant coach stated that she was told by Rick Christensen that all parents except her had contacted Rick, and that we wanted Jack gone. After we gave our response that we never stated this, the light had shined that our coach Jack is far from the root of any problem this club has. What options do we parents have to have our director reprimanded for baiting and setting up our coach for failure? I understand there are steps to go by, and this isn't a first for this issue with our director but I will be darned if I put up with Rick Christensen slandering me, a paying parent, watching a great man like Coach Jack be humiliated and slandered. We are tired, we want our girls to play soccer with our coach, not someone that stepped in as the almighty and has no clue who I am and is nobody to ever make up a story that I called him, or that my husband called him or that my daughters teammates' parents called him and never has. Some of us are considering suing the club for ill beahavior or suing the league for immediate release from this cancered club because of an unprofessional, ill-minded human being running our coach out the back door.

VARDAR EAST GU11 PARENTS SHOULD CONTACT MYSL, MSYSA & US

This is serious and should be reported to the administration at top levels...IMMEDIATELY! Remember that your questions and concerns will be taken seriously and your privacy will be respected. Contact the following three MYSL board members:

DAVE HARRIS, PRESIDENT
    586-604-2456
    myslpresident@comcast.net
    313-642-1829 fax

YVONNE CURTIS, VICE PRESIDENT
    MSYSA/MSPSP Delegate
    yvonnemysl@sbcglobal.net
    586-604-2458

MOE GEROMETTE, COMMISSIONER
    586-610-4247
    myslcomm@comcast.net
    32354 Huber Lane, Fraser, MI 48026

Contact the MSYSA Executive Director Tom Frisbie:

TOM FRISBIE, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
    734-459-6220 ext205
    tfrisbie@michiganyouthsoccer.org

Contact the USYSA Executive Director Jim Cosgrove:

JIM COSGROVE, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
    800-476-2237
    JCosgrove@usyouthsoccer.org

Comment

QUESTION

Why does a good youth soccer coach like Jack McPherson, respected by his team's players and parents and who has a clean record, get dumped? Why does the same club's DOC, Rick Christensen, then allow his brother, a convicted felon with hard time in a state penitentiary, to train players in the same club? Does anyone have an answer?

Comment

Re: VARDAR EAST GU11 TEAM

Is Mark C training girls for Vardar East?
        I did Hear that his bro Rick had tried to have a
        few of his girls that he is the HS coach of, train
        with Mark, but the parents (who were never
        informed) found out who it was with and didn't go.
        Isn't this against the rules? HS girls training outside
        of HS, with an outside of HS person, during the HS season?

Comment

It just goes to show you just how much influence one family has over the club. Look at the U12's, we are working on a third coach. It took more than one phone call and one meeting to get a new coach.

Comment

They have no people skills either they are very ful during halftime rick and mark would bash the players for mistakes they had made. he also trains an around U14 before practice (I wonder why). He has been banned from playing in any soccer teams but plays in an over 50 league

Comment

Why did rc hand jm $2500 check to leave vardareast?

Comment

How do you know he did, tell us more insider?

Comment

28526. What do you think...
                  by verainmaker, 6/29/08 23:35 ET
                  Of RC of VE? Just got on his team and I have heard some interesting antedotes about the "Brothers" So what does the soccer community think of him? i have heard that he turned around a local HS soccer program? Is that true?

28526.1. Go to:
                  by nodummy49, 6/30/08 15:20 ET
                  Re: What do you think... by verainmaker, 6/30/08
                  Talking-Soccer.com:
                  viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6167

28526.2. Great Coach and Player
                  by atarihits, 7/1/08 8:02 ET
                  Re: What do you think... by verainmaker, 7/1/08
                  Ricky is one of the smartest coaches I've seen in Michigan and a great trainer. He was one of the better players that came out of Michigan. I loved watching him play in the 70's with Sport Club. Ricky is not his bro. Keep them separated. If you want to start a forum about MC - then do it. Don't start with Ricky so you can get people to start talking about MC.

28526.2.1. Go to:
                  by ashmakg, 7/1/08 11:47 ET
                  viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17111
                  viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17915

28526.2.2. Corteg, Christianson (Mark and Rick) are
                  by soccerpithe, 7/1/08 12:05 ET
                  losers. I cannot believe they still have jobs in soccer. I played with all 3 men years ago and could not believe the crap they would say and do. I would encourage any normal Human to steer clear of any of these people. THEY ARE SNAKES!!!!

28526.2.2.1. Reptilian analogy
                  by ashmakg, 7/1/08 12:18 ET
                  Anymore details on the DG/CW mess?

28526.2.2.1.1. huh
                  by soccermom93, 7/1/08 12:57 ET
                  please expand?

28526.2.2.1.1.1. If you have to ask,
                  by ashmakg, 7/1/08 16:30 ET
                  you have no info on the whole sordid, legal ordeal.

28526.2.2.1.1.1.1. Exactly
                  by soccermom93, 7/1/08 16:34 ET
                  Com on, spill the dirt. What's this about? The MYSL suit?

28526.2.3. Dang
                  by soccermom93, 7/1/08 13:03 ET
                  if you watched them play in the 70's, you and they must be in their 50's now?

28526.2.3.1. So what!
                  by soccerpithe, 7/1/08 13:42 ET

28526.3. Thanks
                  by verainmaker, 7/1/08 20:55 ET
                  Thanks for all your opinions, I have observed obvious lies and exaggeration from R which has confirmed some of the stories I have been told by those “In” the soccer community. Sure would like to hear more about the “details on the DG/CW mess” mentioned above!?!? Over all it will be interesting and I will keep all informed on any interesting happening on or off the pitch.

Comment

How do we know Jack received a check?

Rumor has it he has a website posted with a copy of it, account and routing numbers blacked out of course. Contract copied stating Jack would not talk or have reps talk to his old players or families after July 4th.

Even at tryouts, Jack turned away 4 VE players because he didn't want to further the issue at hand. Quite a Brilliant move and vallored.

Telephone coversations of his ol director talking down to him, kids and the parents of that team from calling them A-holes, to cluless parents that wouldn't know a training session if they saw one - available for download.

Conversation of club and coaching director and Shelby soccer dome meeting recorded - available for download.

Recorded conversation from a 1 on 1 at the Waza friendlies of him trying to talk Jack into signing a bogus contract to remain with the club through 2009 while Jack tried to watch his sons soccer game - available for download.

Conversation of meeting with mysl rep and club director recorded.

LOL, tee shirts coming soon I guess.

Comment

Ah the brothers, they try to make it rocket science and only wind up alienating coaches, parents and, most importantly, the players. Don't they always say, "It's all about the kids!"

Comment

This is going to be a brick wall conversation, "rumor" has it VE directors have put the word out demanding teams do not post on soccer blogs. More Gestapo managerial tactics. It will never stop.

Comment

MSYSA/USYSA are closely watching the "trainer" brother situation. If it does not stop, sanctioning affiliation with the state and national will be pulled. They are not playing around with the brothers anymore.

Comment

Honestly, there is very little to have to investigate.

Review the vardareast website.

Go to "News" and the proof is there subliminaly all along.

All the teams that won tournaments or did well in their respective divisions has the same note at the end. Great job girls / boys, great job coach first name.
                            Looking at the u14 boys, bro-hams trained and coached them. The congratulations to the coach is smack dab in front of us all. In a smart-A way too, great job coach "last name only" is given. There ya go, there is at least a touch of evidence. Those investigating that just need to get their clues in the right order and maybe interview the correct people and case closed, league can take over that so called umbrellad club and we can finally play some soccer again, at least for the good of the kids'.

per website:

U-9 Girls Black MYSL Premier Division Champs
                            Great Job Girls! Great Job Coach Miriam!!

U-11 Girls Champs of MYSL Red Division
                            Great Job Girls!! (jack has been removed form this part, LOL)

U-18 Girls Champions at Great Lakes Soccer Challenge
                            Great Job Girls! Great Job Coach Mike!

U-11 Girls Win Capital Area Classic
                            Great Job Girls!! (jack has been removed form this part, LOL)

U-10 Girls Black Undefeated at Vardar Cup
                            Great Job Girls!! Great Job Coach Miriam!

U-10 Girls Win Genesee Cup
                            Great Job Girls!!

U 11 Boys are Runner Up Genesee Cup
                            Great Job Boys

U 16 Boys Win the Liberty Cup Tournament
                            Good Job Coach Skip Mukhtar and Congratulations, BOYS!

U 09 Girls Win at Westlake Invitation
                            Good Job Coach Miriam Hickey and Congratulations, GIRLS!

U 11Boys are Runner-Up at Westlake Invitation
                            Good Job Coach Jerome Hickey and Congratulations, boys!

Vardar East '97 Champions at Alliance FC Spring Invite
                            Great effort boys!!!

U-14 Boys are MSPSL Classic 3 Division Champs
                            Great Job Coach Christensen

Comment

I F Y O U R E A L L Y H A V E H A R D E V I D E N C E T H A T M C I S W O R K I N G
                              W I T H A N Y O F T H E V E T E A M S, C A L L J I M C O S G R O V E A T U S Y S A
                              ( 8 0 0 - 4 - S O C C E R ). Y O U D O N O T H A V E T O G I V E H I M Y O U R N A M E.
                              P O S T I N G O N H E R E W I L L N O T S T O P H I M.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X