Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arlington Tournament

Very good showing by the Omni- it doesn't surprise me.

But... how did the teams look? Were the girls able to "play soccer" in the rain/wet fields/strong winds? Were teams missing players due to other sports commitments?

Congrats to the Omni this weekend for a great showing vs D1 Wags teams. I watched the Mclean and SYA game and walked away impressed with the new addition to D1(omni). Just like Bourne said, the Omni will surprise a few with their physical and athletic style of play. They were able to keep the game tight and survived the late barrage of opportunities from a very talented and well organized Mclean side. If you keep a match close with the Omni, they will battle and battle for a positive result. And only needing a draw to advance, they did their job. Mclean had several golden opportunity with time running out, but were snuffed out.
    Mclean was the most talented team in the tournament and showed Saturday night in the dismantling of South-side power Beach FC. But expect Mclean to be inconsistent through out the season as they sort out their side. When they are on, watch out. As a group, Mclean's midfield and forward players are the most dangerous set of players in Northern Virginia.
    SYA played Loudoun 93' to a draw and faired well in the championship match vs. Omni. The only disappointing U14 team in the tournament were the Thunder Extreme out of MD. Again, MD teams struggle with athleticism of Virginia clubs and it showed this weekend.

Division 1 WAGS should will be fun and exciting as new rivalries will be formed and old rivalries re-newed. I know some teams will be focusing on state cup and the WAGS season will be a springboard for the event.

Comment

Congrats to the Omni this weekend for a great showing vs D1 Wags teams. I watched the Mclean and SYA game and walked away impressed with the new addition to D1(omni). Just like Bourne said, the Omni will surprise a few with their physical and athletic style of play. They were able to keep the game tight and survived the late barrage of opportunities from a very talented and well organized Mclean side. If you keep a match close with the Omni, they will battle and battle for a positive result. And only needing a draw to advance, they did their job. Mclean had several golden opportunity with time running out, but were snuffed out.
      Mclean was the most talented team in the tournament and showed Saturday night in the dismantling of South-side power Beach FC. But expect Mclean to be inconsistent through out the season as they sort out their side. When they are on, watch out. As a group, Mclean's midfield and forward players are the most dangerous set of players in Northern Virginia.
      SYA played Loudoun 93' to a draw and faired well in the championship match vs. Omni. The only disappointing U14 team in the tournament were the Thunder Extreme out of MD. Again, MD teams struggle with athleticism of Virginia clubs and it showed this weekend.

Division 1 WAGS should will be fun and exciting as new rivalries will be formed and old rivalries re-newed. I know some teams will be focusing on state cup and the WAGS season will be a springboard for the event.

Comment

Comment

Congrats to the Omni this weekend for a great showing vs D1 Wags teams. I watched the Mclean and SYA game and walked away impressed with the new addition to D1. Just like Bourne said, the Omni will surprise a few with their physical and athletic style of play. They were able to keep the game tight and survived the late barrage of opportunities from a very talented and well organized Mclean side. If you keep a match close with the Omni, they will battle and battle for a positive result. And only needing a draw to advance, they did their job. Mclean had a golden opportunity with time running out, but failed to execute.

Comment

LOL @ Beach FC being a power.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X