Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January Showcase Tournaments

I realize that most of the Oregon ODP players are going to be in AZ the weekend of January 15th - 18th, but is anyone playing in either the FC Portland Showcase tournament in Hillsboro or the Renton Showcase tournament in Renton, WA?

My daughter and a few players from her team were asked to play up in these tournaments (due to ODP players being gone) and I was just curious about them. How is the competition? Are all the teams going to be missing ODP players? How are the fields? Are the tournaments run well?

These are U16 tournaments and our players are advanced U14, are they going to get killed? LOL! :)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

The FC Portland Showcase has a few U15 teams so it would be competition. Their fields are great, Liberty High School and 53rd Street in Hillsboro. All 5 fields are turf. This tournament is well ran and has a lot of strong teams. Again, the U16 division has a few U15 teams. It will be a good challenge for them.

Comment

Thanks for the great info! We have played at Liberty HS on many occasions and it is great. The 53rd street location, can I assume that you are referring to the Hillsboro Stadium? We have never played there. What a great opportunity for the girls.

Thanks again. :)

Comment

The 53rd Street fields are located off of 53rd Ave, between Cornell and Baseline Rd. They are brand new fields, two turf fields. Both are excellent to play on.

Best of luck to them. I hope they enjoy it and learn from it.

Comment

Originally posted by SodiumFan[2] View Post
          Thanks for the great info! We have played at Liberty HS on many occasions and it is great. The 53rd street location, can I assume that you are referring to the Hillsboro Stadium? We have never played there. What a great opportunity for the girls.

Thanks again. :)
          While this is a great opportunity to play with the older teams it also means playing two years up at the FC Port Showcase. That can be a real difference in speed and SIZE!!!

Comment

Thanks Eggy, that is exactly what we have been discussing. We are sending 1 forward, 2 forward/mids and 1 defender. Just so happens the defender is MY daughter so we have been having that discussion. Bigger, faster, better technically than she has faced. She held her own in the camps with the HS players so it will be interesting and surely a test for them all.

I am curious about the ODP situation with the clubs we face? Will they have full rosters or, like us, be short ODP players? I see teams from OR, WA, ID, AK.

Should be a good time! Take care all.

Comment

Originally posted by SodiumFan[2] View Post
              Thanks Eggy, that is exactly what we have been discussing. We are sending 1 forward, 2 forward/mids and 1 defender. Just so happens the defender is MY daughter so we have been having that discussion. Bigger, faster, better technically than she has faced. She held her own in the camps with the HS players so it will be interesting and surely a test for them all.

I am curious about the ODP situation with the clubs we face? Will they have full rosters or, like us, be short ODP players? I see teams from OR, WA, ID, AK.

Should be a good time! Take care all.
              Any team that has ODP players on it will be short players. For example Oregon 95 ODP is sending 18 players so that will leave 10 players that stay behind and can play in Port. I think Marine will be full strength but Iteland will be missing players as you know.

The other teams U16 and above will probably be missing players. I think FC Port Yellow will be down 5 or 6 players.

Comment

Scores

I was looking at the results page for FC Portland College Showcase but see all the scores aren't posted. Does anyone know the outcome of THUSC Ireland vs FC Willamette Pursuit match?

Comment

1-1 tie.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X