Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high school red card rules

I received a red card for slide tackling from behind. The other player fell and I never made contact with him. Can this be appealed? I think the game was filmed. What are the rules for a red card? I thought it was one game and I am told that I can not play for a week which is 3 games.

Re: high school red card rules

Originally posted by drgail222
    I received a red card for slide tackling from behind. The other player fell and I never made contact with him. Can this be appealed? I think the game was filmed. What are the rules for a red card? I thought it was one game and I am told that I can not play for a week which is 3 games.
    One week is not bad, we had a player get a red card last year for yelling at the ref and it was 5 weeks. I football player can be ejected for much worse and miss one game. High school rules are very messed up when it comes to fair suspensions.

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah consider yourself luck. One week is not bad. we lost one guy for 8 weeks for running his mouth and cussing.

Comment

I think it is a 2 week suspension...

Comment

Re: high school red card rules

Originally posted by drgail222
          My daughter was carded for the same thing and received one week plus a $50 fine.

Comment

i never saw a new card issued

Comment

The fine depends on how the school breaks it up. The school's 3rd offense of ejection or more in anysport is a fine to the school imposed by FHSAA. So some schools decide to fine each player who gets ejected to cover the FHSAA fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X