X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GU-14 Spring League Schedule

The schedule has been posted HERE.

Any pre-State Cup predictions on who will make the Semi's? Finals?

Hope all had a safe & happy holiday.

Cheers! :)

State Cup finals- FC Portland and Lake Oswego

Semis will be LOSC, FC, Rush and THUSC.

Comment

I think USA Hotshots and ESUFC Arsenal might surprise some teams this year. OR Rush is also better from what I hear.

Comment

Soccer is a funny game. The best team does not always win every game. State Cup is that kind of tournament. One bad game or even one bad play, can cost the game and teams chances for advancement.

The U14 age group is very talented. Lots of great players on every gold division team. It is really up for anyone.

If I had to give my opinion, I like the same teams as the above poster. LOSC, FC and Rush all have strong teams. We will see come April.

Comment

Boy, don't I know about the 'one bad play' scenario! LOL! Should be a great bracket to watch this year.

Best of luck to all the teams in 2010!

:)

Comment

On paper Oregon Rush is the team to beat I think, but they are very hot or cold at times. I don't think we've seen nearly the best out of LOSC yet either.

I don't see FC Portland reaching the semi-finals. I guess it all depends on how the brackets are drawn up though.

THUSC seems pretty consistent in most of the games I have watched. Not sure if they have the firepower to score when it matters yet but that's what spring is for right?

It would be great to see a deep run into the playoffs from a silver bracket team too though, maybe WSM or Oregon City. WSM has added girls from the OSA program.

My predictions: THUSC, Oregon Rush, Eugene Magic, and LOSC.

Comment

U14 girls are the most talented division in OYSA period. The proof comes by the way every year a silver team makes it to the Semis. At U12 the Hotshots lost 1-0 in the Semis to Sodium and last year the Hotspurs lost 1-0 to LO. Who is the silver team that will make waves this year.

Comment

ESUFC Arsenal is my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  ESUFC Arsenal is my prediction.
                  I know they are a Gold team this year but last year I believe they were Silver.

Comment

U14 girls are the most talented division in OYSA period. The proof comes by the way every year a silver team makes it to the Semis. At U12 the Hotshots lost 1-0 in the Semis to Sodium and last year the Hotspurs lost 1-0 to LO. Who is the silver team that will make waves this year.
                    I agree! So many talented teams and so many individual talented players. I have really enjoyed watching my daughter play for the past four years. Her team has been in the gold division and it has been so exciting. Very good soccer indeed!

Comment

Yep on the many talented U14 teams. I love seeing each year it gets better. Makes for great games for sure.

Not knocking a team, but FC Portland I just don't see getting to the semi's.

I do know that Eastside has proven their strength to run with this pack of teams and continues to get better each game. I will put money on that they will surprise many during state cup. However, I do not see them making semi's either. I will give them one more growing year to do it though.

THUSC and LO are consistant, so a yes on both to semi's.

Hotshots can do it if they put their mind to it. They work very hard as a team.

My bet will be to the Rush girls. I agree on the hot and cold spells, but my dollar will be on Rush vs ??? in the finals. Not looking at paper scores, just the team as a whole and what they can do. I am just going with my gut feeling.

Comment

Disagree about FC not getting to the semi finals. I guess they will surprise everyone in the spring.

Every team in the gold division is strong. My picks for semis are FC, LO, Rush and ?. The 4th spot is up in the air. It could be anyone.

Comment

I know they are a Gold team this year but last year I believe they were Silver.
                          Arsenal was in the Silver bracket the first season U11. They have been in Gold ever since. Arsenal has some strong players and have competed well against strong teams such as Sodium and LO.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal_U14G_Fan View Post
                            Arsenal was in the Silver bracket the first season U11. They have been in Gold ever since. Arsenal has some strong players and have competed well against strong teams such as Sodium and LO.
                            My bad. Didn't do my homework, sorry.

I agree with the poster a couple posts ago. Arsenal is a strong team but I would give them one more year of growth before I predict a "semi's" appearance. Just my two cents, I hope they prove me wrong!

And speaking of Semi's, this could possibly be the toughest year to date for this bracket. FC always has a good showing late. Hotshots are solid. LO, Rush & Sodium are always contenders. SSC may be a spoiler for some like last year. And don't forget Magic who hung tough and played solid in Fall league.

What's so great is that on any given day, as we saw in the Fall, any one of these teams can beat any of the others! Can't wait for April!!

Comment

THUSC won the post Spring Cup over LO so those two teams should be in Semi's.

That leaves two other spots and during Fall Play Bend was the hottest team with most wins with 5 out of 10 games and only 1 loss (to SSC Hotspur).

So that would be it, SSC Hotspur being the final team. Only other potential as of the end of the season was Magic.

As usual, this can play out many different ways with seeding and player changes (sometimes teams lose chemistry by gaining a player, sometimes they get better when they lose a player- and vice versa)

All in all it should be a very exciting and heartbreaking season for some girls and for most parents as there will only be one State Champion and that is why it is so fun.

Semis: THUSC (1) vs Hotspur (2), LOSC (1) vs Bend (0)
                              Finals: Hotspur (0) vs LOSC (2)
                              Winner: LOSC (defense wins championships and this is a strong defensive team)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X