Sunderland
    Ireland
    WSM Galaxy
    Corvalis
    FC Will Pos.
    FC Will Atlet or Ginga
    FC Port
    LO Dynamite

I can't remember the rest. Oregon Rush is not listed in winter league.

Oregon Rush 94 is playing in the Far West Regional Spring League instead I believe.

Comment

I kind of question whether Oregon Rush benefited last season playing in the FWR? If memory serves me correct, they only played 2 weekends all spring. I felt they were ripe for the pickins during State Cup for that very reason and was correct. I was hopin WSM was gonna be the team to knock em out, but those darn PK's. However, Marine did take them down and I wasn't surprised for the reasons stated above. I'll be curious to see how they do this year, as well and see if last year's State Cup performance is repeated or if they can dominate like they should have last year (with the exception of Ireland).

Comment

FCW One Team

FCW has only one team now Possession. They return strong core group and add a few fresh faces. Some of the new girls are EMFC and Ginga Xplayers. Interesting to see how FCW coaches put the puzzle back together but the team does have some talent.

Comment

Far West Regional Spring League

Who,what and where is the Far West Regional League? Enlighten me please? How much travel? Quality? etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Splatnet View Post
            Who,what and where is the Far West Regional League? Enlighten me please? How much travel? Quality? etc...
            FWRL is a highly competitive league played in Region IV. Most games are played in SoCal, NoCal, and Nev. Recently at the G94 level games have been also played in Washington. At different levels, I believe Oregon has hosted a weekend also.
            I think you play 8-10 games over 3-4 weekends. The top teams in SoCal and NoCal play in this league. Locally, Oregon Rush 94, Crush 94 (Wa), and Crossfire 94 (Seattle) have played in this league.

The cost of the league is under $500 to register, but that does not cover travel. If you want to see what teams and the schedule click here http://www.regioniv.com/league/spring.htm

Comment

Thanks

Thanks- Sounds like a high level and big commitment league (time,$). Can't mix real well if you have girls also doing ODP can it?

Comment

Originally posted by Splatnet View Post
                Thanks- Sounds like a high level and big commitment league (time,$). Can't mix real well if you have girls also doing ODP can it?
                ODP practices could cause a conflict. No one played on the G95 ODP team last year that played in the FWRL. Although, I believe there are some players from Oregon Rush 94 on this years G95 team. We'll see if there are any conflicts.

FWRL is over by state cup. ODP doesn't practice much during winter league (Feb-Ap). Heavy ODP practice in Jan and then again in May and June.

Comment

Good Info

thanks again good info and interesting - can't see FCW going to this but I'm sure some PDX clubs might look at it as an option esp. when the girls get a little older.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X