Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS soccer

with HS right around the corner................which HS team/coaches seem to be the most cooperative with club soccer and which seem to completely be against club? Lets not bash just state observations or opinions!

Re: HS soccer

Originally posted by Anonymous
    with HS right around the corner................which HS team/coaches seem to be the most cooperative with club soccer and which seem to completely be against club? Lets not bash just state observations or opinions!
    I dont think any clubs cooperate with HS. Its against their natural law.

Comment

Why should they?

Comment

HS soccer

HS soccer is fun because you are playing with guys from your school instead of your club and other students come out to watch the games. Playing in stadiums is cool, except they are for football, not soccer. The school spirit is really different than club. The soccer is like D II play. Everybody is from a different club, if they even play club, and everybody has a different style of play. It is hard to play together. There is a lot of long ball or guys trying to dribble into the goal. The fields are too small, so the midfield is crowded and the ball goes over the touchline all the time. The refs are really touchy. Any good D I U17 or U18 team could beat any HS team.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Rules
          HS soccer is fun because you are playing with guys from your school instead of your club and other students come out to watch the games. Playing in stadiums is cool, except they are for football, not soccer. The school spirit is really different than club. The soccer is like D II play. Everybody is from a different club, if they even play club, and everybody has a different style of play. It is hard to play together. There is a lot of long ball or guys trying to dribble into the goal. The fields are too small, so the midfield is crowded and the ball goes over the touchline all the time. The refs are really touchy. Any good D I U17 or U18 team could beat any HS team.
          then why should a hs coach refuse to allow his player to play with their club team in a high level college showcase tourny...don't they care about their players getting to college????

Comment

then why should a hs coach refuse to allow his player to play with their club team in a high level college showcase tourny...don't they care about their players getting to college????
            I have heard of some HS coaches that do not allow their players to participate in the Disney and Orange classic. Both schools that I have heard those "rumors" from where favorites to win the HS State Championship and both also coached club (Douglas and AH-Delray). That said, I think if a player chose to play in one of the tourn. and was removed from their HS team for it, they may have some grounds for recourse due to the fact it was doen on their personal time, when school was out and in most cases it was a prior comitment before HS soccer started.

Comment

No most of them only care about their records at the HS. Some of them are very ignorant.

Comment

I have heard of some HS coaches that do not allow their players to participate in the Disney and Orange classic. Both schools that I have heard those "rumors" from where favorites to win the HS State Championship and both also coached club (Douglas and AH-Delray). That said, I think if a player chose to play in one of the tourn. and was removed from their HS team for it, they may have some grounds for recourse due to the fact it was doen on their personal time, when school was out and in most cases it was a prior comitment before HS soccer started.
                If my daughter's HS coach told her that she would immediately quit HS soccer. That's ridiculous. Those HS coaches are idiots.

Comment

No most of them only care about their records at the HS. Some of them are very ignorant.
                  Its only the HS coaches that arent good enough to coach a top club team that would be playing at an OC, Disney, or Raleigh. The best HS coaches also coach a top club team and understand the importance of going to those tournaments. Its the difference between a coach that coaches for the benefit of the kids versus a coach that coaches for the benefit of themselves!

Comment

The question was HS coaaches that cooperate with club? Yes or no?

Comment

Why should they. There are choices that we all must make in life, why should it be any different for HS soccer? If you choose to play HS soccer then play it , but dont whine about missing practices and games because some other club tournament comes along. If its that important then skip HS soccer and go chase your college schlorship. Most kids want to play HS soccer cuz its fun no pressure unlike club

Comment

In my opinion, the reason many HS are good is due to the club level training that many of the players receive. This is most obvious when the
                        year round club player is on the field compared to the HS only soccer player that also does other stuff during club season. While I am not knocking the player that only wants to play HS and NO club. Again my statement is that HS teams tend to be better because of the dedicated club players. With this in mind, the HS coaches should understand this and not act like they own the players.

Comment

hey fluffer and snoeball, whats your take on this since both of you coach club and hs....................the pirate!

Comment

hey fluffer and snoeball, whats your take on this since both of you coach club and hs....................the pirate!
                            who is fluffer and snowball ?

Comment

who is fluffer and snowball ?
                              I think if your child plays at the highest level of club soccer then HS should be looked at for fun only. The competition is very weak compared to club, especially if you attend tournaments like Raleigh, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X