Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refunds

Are any clubs offering refunds for the fact that coronavirus has cancelled the season?

We still haven’t heard anything definitive except our premier seasons being cancelled. From PSPL, it came with the mention that “ nearly all teams have completed more than 80% of their games,” so I don’t think they are planning on refunding clubs any
    league fees but don’t know for sure. Younger kids and select, they are still trying to push the seasons into Late May and June.

Comment

I haven’t heard anything from Seattle United.

But why would a club refund money to their members? That would be financial ruin. These clubs run really thin and don’t have a stockpile of cash sitting around. Giving back money would prevent them from making payroll for their coaches.

Comment

My daughter's team had only played 2 games into their season and now have missed 2 tournaments already. We expect a discount. Hearing lots of coaches doing zoom meetings with their players but ours we havent heard from in months. Super sad considering we are an ecnl team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          My daughter's team had only played 2 games into their season and now have missed 2 tournaments already. We expect a discount. Hearing lots of coaches doing zoom meetings with their players but ours we havent heard from in months. Super sad considering we are an ecnl team.
          What club?

Comment

The way clubs manage this stoppage of play will say a lot about their priorities.

My kids are / were signed up for multiple sports. Here is how those sports/teams managed:

Track:
            Sent out emails weekly, updates, included track workouts. Told parents they will offer refunds once they calculate expenses. Mentioned that if a family is struggling, they will make an immediate exception.

Club soccer:
            Sent weekly emails, a link to their website with some training. Not tailored to age group. Kind of a one for all approach. No talk of refund. Least amount of communication.

Coerver:
            Weekly training assignments sent to parents kids via online locker. Tailored specifically to kids age/ability. Mentioned about makeups, discounts and or free when play resumes.

Out of all three, it seems the club my kids attend have a don't give a crap attitude about the kids and the money the parents continue to pay.

If they are keeping the coaches on salary and need that money for them, they should say so. It shouldn't be crickets while they keep charging monthly dues.

They could also offer zoom online group lessons on a first come first serve basis. What would it cost them to do that? Zilch.

Any club that shows by action, that they care about the kids and teaching quality soccer, ..... that is where my I will spend my youth sports $$ when the Covid outbreak is over.

I think the coaches and clubs would be better off if they laid off the coaches, the coaches collect unemployment, brings them back on the payroll after soccer resumes. That way they don't burn through payroll. If they have already laid off coaches, I think they need to freeze dues. At least communicate something with the parents.

We are at one of the big 4 clubs.

Comment

I was just on a zoom for PAC where they announced a refund or credit.

They have been sending out weekly lessons and my kids coach does meetings with the team.

Good club.

Comment

Pac

They also announced that they would continue to pay coaches.

Comment

I have multiple kids in different sports/clubs...no communication or support from one club (not soccer) so my kid is on their own training & preparing to play their sport on a college team next fall

Other kids getting webinars, online fitness, team meetings by zoom etc If coaches are getting paid (which I hope they are) they they should be communicating with teams and trying to support the kids, but this situation is exposing the cracks for some clubs...

Comment

What club?
                    Xfire

Comment

My kid is at EFC. They sent out weekly canned emails. A few messages from the DOC. No real insight to what's going on at the club. Pretty generic email blasts. No mention of refund. Quite impersonal. Seems the club doesn't have as much adminstrative support as the other clubs. Maybe they could use more employees, volunteers and technical know-how.

Comment

How about Seattle United? What have they said about refunds? What has been their efforts to support their players during the down time?

Comment

I was just on a zoom for PAC where they announced a refund or credit.

They have been sending out weekly lessons and my kids coach does meetings with the team.

Good club.
                          how much are they refunding?

Comment

how much are they refunding?
                            $300.00 credit but dues go up $400.00 next year. Not bad.

Comment

I think this is a great time for coaches to offer real, in depth player analysis. Not just one simple paragraph about a certain topic. But very detailed with specific game examples.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X