X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help looking for Club for 05

Hey Folks,

I was hoping you can provide some insight/feedback on clubs I'm considering for my son(05) for the fall. Some clubs that were recommended to me include STA, PSC, PDA, TSF and Match Fit.

I would like to get objective feedback re coaches, philosophy re development, club culture, strength of teams, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey Folks,

I was hoping you can provide some insight/feedback on clubs I'm considering for my son(05) for the fall. Some clubs that were recommended to me include STA, PSC, PDA, TSF and Match Fit.

I would like to get objective feedback re coaches, philosophy re development, club culture, strength of teams, etc...

Thanks in advance!
    Definitely try CSA they are top boys club in NJ.

Comment

Hey Folks,

Thanks in advance!
      PDA all day every day and twice on Sunday!

Comment

Definitely try CSA they are top boys club in NJ.
        Thanks can you provide objective feedback re coaches, philosophy re development, club culture, strength of teams, etc... ?

Comment

PDA all day every day and twice on Sunday!
          Thanks for confirming one of the clubs recommended to me but can you provide objective feedback re coaches, philosophy re development, club culture, strength of teams, etc... ?

Comment

Thanks can you provide objective feedback re coaches, philosophy re development, club culture, strength of teams, etc... ?
            Yes PDA easily best boys Academy in country, look at their records and # of top players they turn out no other club matches that.

Comment

Hey Folks,

Thanks in advance!
              Go DA. Either one of the MLS teams. Stay away from PDA and matchfit.

Comment

The boys side is a lot simpler than the girls. If your kid is good enough then have him play at a professional academy like NYCF or Red Bull’s. Unlike all the clubs you mention (which are all good) these are major corporations with a ton of resources at their disposal. I believe NYCF is owned by the same group that owns Man City and part owners of the NY Yankees. There’s a lot less guess work and politics (I’m not saying there’s none) involved as well. It’s the closest thing the US has to European style academies. Your kid is either good enough to be there or not. If so the academy pays for pretty much all expenses associated with your kid being at the club.... so no club fees, no A, B, C team money grabs etc. There’s a lot less conflicts of interest because these academies are making an investment in your kid in the hopes he returns value for them some day and because of this it’s a lot more probable they will be 100% focused on development.

If your kid is not good enough to play for one of the MLS academies then all the clubs you mention earlier in the thread are good. That said I’d probably stick to a DA club on the boys side whereas for girls I’d choose ECNL. As for which one it really all depends what you’re son is looking to get out of it. Is his goal to play pro? College? Whether it’s realistic or not choose the path that aligns to his goals and will keep him motivated to continue to learn and develop. Talk to him about what’s important to him. Some of the clubs you list below are very far (location wise) from each other. Will he continue to be motivated if he’s traveling an hour plus to and from practice 3 times a week?

I wish the girls side had the same investment from the MLS teams that the boys do. I completely understand why they don’t. That said if they did these forums would be a ghost town because there’d be a lot less to talk/debate/argue about ☺️

Good luck! It’s never an easy decision.

Comment

Not true PDA is one of the best just check they produce top shelf talent

Comment

Objectively I would say my son is definitely above avg player but probably not DA level.

Can you explain your advice as to stay away from PDA and Match Fit?

Also, just came across another club called Future...any feedback on them?

Comment

The boys side is a lot simpler than the girls. If your kid is good enough then have him play at a professional academy like NYCF or Red Bull’s. Unlike all the clubs you mention (which are all good) these are major corporations with a ton of resources at their disposal. I believe NYCF is owned by the same group that owns Man City and part owners of the NY Yankees. There’s a lot less guess work and politics (I’m not saying there’s none) involved as well. It’s the closest thing the US has to European style academies. Your kid is either good enough to be there or not. If so the academy pays for pretty much all expenses associated with your kid being at the club.... so no club fees, no A, B, C team money grabs etc. There’s a lot less conflicts of interest because these academies are making an investment in your kid in the hopes he returns value for them some day and because of this it’s a lot more probable they will be 100% focused on development.

If your kid is not good enough to play for one of the MLS academies then all the clubs you mention earlier in the thread are good. That said I’d probably stick to a DA club on the boys side whereas for girls I’d choose ECNL. As for which one it really all depends what you’re son is looking to get out of it. Is his goal to play pro? College? Whether it’s realistic or not choose the path that aligns to his goals and will keep him motivated to continue to learn and develop. Talk to him about what’s important to him. Some of the clubs you list below are very far (location wise) from each other. Will he continue to be motivated if he’s traveling an hour plus to and from practice 3 times a week?

I wish the girls side had the same investment from the MLS teams that the boys do. I completely understand why they don’t. That said if they did these forums would be a ghost town because there’d be a lot less to talk/debate/argue about ☺️

Good luck! It’s never an easy decision.

Thanks very much for your guidance... honestly don't think he's good enough to play for Red Bulls or NYCFC but good to know all the clubs that were recommended to me are good in your opinion....I guess I was hoping to get feedback as to any substantive differences between the clubs in terms of coaches' reputation and level of competence, philosophy/culture, more focus on development than just winning, etc...

He's interested in playing in college but not sure D1, D2, or D3. We're in Morris county so travel is a factor but not the most important.

Would you happen to have any insights into the club, Future?

Comment

If your kid is big, fast, or strong go to Match Fit. They play direct & physical and those attributes are what they like. Not to mention college coaches for the most part play high school ball on steroids so they do get some placement.

PDA DA is ok and they try and play decent but their ECNL & branch locations are all 2nd & 3rd type teams because they lack enough talent across roster.

STA ECNL is pretty good across most ages. Their 05 is a good team.

Cedar Stars is not very good.

If you are on the border of PA, consider Penn Fusion. Better overall program then STA or Match Fit

Comment

If your kid is big, fast, or strong go to Match Fit. They play direct & physical and those attributes are what they like. Not to mention college coaches for the most part play high school ball on steroids so they do get some placement.

PDA DA is ok and they try and play decent but their ECNL & branch locations are all 2nd & 3rd type teams because they lack enough talent across roster.

STA ECNL is pretty good across most ages. Their 05 is a good team.

Cedar Stars is not very good.

If you are on the border of PA, consider Penn Fusion. Better overall program then STA or Match Fit

Okay good to know about Match Fit and STA. He is on the bigger side, athletic and fast.

We're in Morris County so PA is a little too far of a drive.

Can you provide any insight into PSC or TSF?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X