Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More teams coming back to the ECNL

Two more teams added to the ECNL. One being NC Courage which is a big lost for the DA as it gave a solid overall in the East. It won't be long before Tophat makes it way back. I smell trouble for the DA in a couple of years, in my opinion

The only people who care about stuff like this are the silly ones who think a league makes a player. If these stupid "elite" p2p travel leagues for girls all ceased to exist after the coronavirus is done with us, i'd call that a silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The only people who care about stuff like this are the silly ones who think a league makes a player. If these stupid "elite" p2p travel leagues for girls all ceased to exist after the coronavirus is done with us, i'd call that a silver lining.
      Well since I am the original poster, sure I can be silly but what I posted was as I stated my opinion but from a league standpoint that is troubling for the DA due to some of their major clubs that give them a competitive environment on the grand scale of things. Teams are leaving the DA for the ECNL for reasons that we can debate and agree or not agree with but something is wrong with the DA and teams leaving can only answer that question as of why its not working for them.

I believe the DA is not listening to their members and really never have "IN MY OPINION" It's just sad to see that in a couple of years to come or sooner that as what was and maybe still is a promising platform to showcase more of our country's talents will be ridiculed as a failure (which I don't think) but most will call it a failure.

Comment

Well since I am the original poster, sure I can be silly but what I posted was as I stated my opinion but from a league standpoint that is troubling for the DA due to some of their major clubs that give them a competitive environment on the grand scale of things. Teams are leaving the DA for the ECNL for reasons that we can debate and agree or not agree with but something is wrong with the DA and teams leaving can only answer that question as of why its not working for them.

I believe the DA is not listening to their members and really never have "IN MY OPINION" It's just sad to see that in a couple of years to come or sooner that as what was and maybe still is a promising platform to showcase more of our country's talents will be ridiculed as a failure (which I don't think) but most will call it a failure.
        You can be sure that more clubs are coming too and if they lose three-four more top clubs they are probably done

But then do they fold or what would happen then?

I can’t see them just folding up, maybe someone like NPL would take them over I would guess

Comment

Look - I’m sure I will be bashed for this, but the main reason the DA is not succeeding is because girls want to play for their high schools. My kid would never consider a DA team because she really wants to play soccer in high school. What the DA asks you to give up is not worth it as the major majority of kids are not making the national team. ECNL got it right by allowing high school ball and making college soccer the primary goal for their players, as that goal is actually attainable for many and not just for the .5% that will make a national team.

Comment

Look - I’m sure I will be bashed for this, but the main reason the DA is not succeeding is because girls want to play for their high schools. My kid would never consider a DA team because she really wants to play soccer in high school. What the DA asks you to give up is not worth it as the major majority of kids are not making the national team. ECNL got it right by allowing high school ball and making college soccer the primary goal for their players, as that goal is actually attainable for many and not just for the .5% that will make a national team.
            I won't bash you for yours and your daughter's HS wishes. Some want to put aside their serious training for the social play for a few months, and by all means have at it. I did and enjoyed it myself.

I will bash you for the comment about the NT team. That's just a fallacy and nobody I know (and I am sure there are) play DA in an effort to play for the NT.

Comment

It is a lot less then .5% and that is the problem. A very pricey national league designed for a few dozen players but that needs hundreds of other practice cones to function is a very tough sell.

Comment

My daughters team goes DA next year and i am sure she wants to stay because she really loves her team but I do wish she had the option to play HS. Not because she would take them up on it but because i know other girls do value it. If the club offered an appropriate training regimen for those 3 months for the girls who choose to not do DA, i would be all for it. My D is not making the NT, doesn't really think about it nd really does not care about the leagues other than to know she's playing at a high level with similarly motivated girls. Having HS even be a factor is absurd. For the 30 kids across the country at a given age that it matters for, i am sure US soccer can figure stuff out. Heck they already miss half of their own DA seasons on their call ups and overseas trips anyway.

Comment

My daughters team goes DA next year and i am sure she wants to stay because she really loves her team but I do wish she had the option to play HS. Not because she would take them up on it but because i know other girls do value it. If the club offered an appropriate training regimen for those 3 months for the girls who choose to not do DA, i would be all for it. My D is not making the NT, doesn't really think about it nd really does not care about the leagues other than to know she's playing at a high level with similarly motivated girls. Having HS even be a factor is absurd. For the 30 kids across the country at a given age that it matters for, i am sure US soccer can figure stuff out. Heck they already miss half of their own DA seasons on their call ups and overseas trips anyway.
                  If she plays CSA she might be fine as they seem to be flexible with their players playing HS. But I agree the rule is useless and not really enforced/followed anyway.

Comment

sure. i also know a ton of ECNL kids that just hate the HS soccer. it sure is exciting for them to jump on the bandwagon because they play varsity as freshmen or sophomores. then the reality of junior year hits and they realize they are a constant target of opposing physical players.

the refs not only do not respect the rules of the game in HS, but in many cases warn those high end players that "we will not be calling fouls against you". the opposing coaches always ask to kick ankles, shin, step on the feet. its fugly.

then the HS ends and you want to go to a showcase, and too bad, because you are injured. then a season is cancelled, and your college scouting season is over. good luck in senior year, lets hope you dont get injured!

Comment

I have seen equal if not more injuries in club ball. Soccer seems to be equal opportunity for injuries regardless of league. Stay safe, play smart and if a coach every tells your player to kick someone in the ankle - I would say just advise your player to nod their head and then proceed to that ignore that terrible advice.

Comment

HS ball is an experience that should not be taken away from young people period

Comment

glory days.

Comment

I have seen equal if not more injuries in club ball. Soccer seems to be equal opportunity for injuries regardless of league. Stay safe, play smart and if a coach every tells your player to kick someone in the ankle - I would say just advise your player to nod their head and then proceed to that ignore that terrible advice.
                            yea. that's the opposing coach coaching the team to win. because hs game cant afford real coaches or real refs.

a better advice is. if you want to showcase for college, stay away from HS soccer, no matter what league you're playing.

Comment

HS is an option. If you want it, play in a league that allows it. Some players do not want it. Nothing wrong there either. Stop deciding what is best for other peoples kids

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X