Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona Virus

Another local person has died today and several Western Washington schools are closed. What are people's opinions regarding travel soccer?

I wish the clubs would cancel travel so I don't have to be the only parent not sending my kid. What's the point of travel? There is more to life then exposing yourself to a potentially deadly virus or a deadly virus for a friend or family member. I say it's not worth it but I'm no CDC doctor or DoC who needs to win a few games.

Comment

Was pondering the same thing today, and I work in the healthcare field.

My daughter is joining a pre-ecnl team with a few out of state tournaments per season.

With all of the negative aspects of travel sports, I never imagined this present risk scenario.

Weigh the risks and rewards and choose what's best for your family.

If it were my DD, I absolutely wouldn't travel during the outbreak. I'd rather deal with the consequences and backlash from the coach and club, than risk ending up quarantined in another state for 2+ weeks.

Comment

The less contact you have with people in the hospitality industry, the better. I think there are way more cases of the virus than is being reported. Getting tested is expensive. I’m guessing there are people who are infested and don’t even know it. Imagine staying in a hotel and one player getting infected, sharing beds with teammates. Sneezing in vans, touching door knobs, etc. Do not send your kids unless you absolutely feel you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Another local person has died today and several Western Washington schools are closed. What are people's opinions regarding travel soccer?
          My opinion is that Coronavirus will not be able to solve the issues plaguing travel soccer.

Comment

WW is ground central for coronavirus. Out of state travel probably reduces their risk

Was pondering the same thing today, and I work in the healthcare field.

My daughter is joining a pre-ecnl team with a few out of state tournaments per season.

With all of the negative aspects of travel sports, I never imagined this present risk scenario.

Weigh the risks and rewards and choose what's best for your family.

If it were my DD, I absolutely wouldn't travel during the outbreak. I'd rather deal with the consequences and backlash from the coach and club, than risk ending up quarantined in another state for 2+ weeks.

Comment

You guys should hop over to the Oregon page. They also have a Coronavirus thread. Its hilarious!

Comment

Yes, the Oregon threads have some of the most no-holds barred insults I've ever read on here. They keep it one hundred...Very Jerry Springerish.

Comment

none

Seattle United canceled ECNL trip to Boise.

Comment

Seattle United canceled ECNL trip to Boise.
                    Probably wise to protect people in Idaho since outbreak is strong here. I wonder if ECNL Phx tournament will happen in a few weeks or not.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Soccer travel should not be canceled. My goodness people, this virus isn’t even a threat to healthy individuals, especially the young. Better chance of severe complications from flu. Just another reason for soccer parents to freak out! Why am I not surprised?

Comment

none

This is ridiculous. Soccer travel should not be canceled. My goodness people, this virus isn’t even a threat to healthy individuals, especially the young. Better chance of severe complications from flu. Just another reason for soccer parents to freak out! Why am I not surprised?
                        I agree!

Comment

Probably wise to protect people in Idaho since outbreak is strong here. I wonder if ECNL Phx tournament will happen in a few weeks or not.
                          I think the corona virus in Washington is way worst than people yet know. I think there are a lot of people who are infected but don't realize it. UW Medical Center will be testing 1000 people a week very soon.

Comment

I think the corona virus in Washington is way worst than people yet know. I think there are a lot of people who are infected but don't realize it. UW Medical Center will be testing 1000 people a week very soon.
                            If they are infected and don't realize it, it's even more proof that it's really quite mild and really not a big deal for most of the population.

Comment

Of course it's not a threat to healthy people but healthy people can spread the disease.

Idaho currently has no cases of coronavirus, so of course we should send busloads of kids from the current disease hotspot to play soccer! Who cares if somebody's grandma gets coronavirus and dies of pneumonia, amirite? She was old anyway. Priorities, people!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X