Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys ecnl

So much on this forum about GDA and girls ECNL but nothing on boys side. Boys ECNL seem to be pretty new, at least in NJ. Anyone with a good experience to share?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So much on this forum about GDA and girls ECNL but nothing on boys side. Boys ECNL seem to be pretty new, at least in NJ. Anyone with a good experience to share?
    have you considered asking about a specific aspect? what are your objectives, what age group, where are you located etc.

Comment

boys ECNL

have you considered asking about a specific aspect? what are your objectives, what age group, where are you located etc.
      Son is U13, currently plays for EDP NL team. We are in north Jersey. Looks like PDA and STA have boys ECNL teams for this age group, one has performed better than the other. I'm just not very familiar with this league but know that ECNL is very strong for girls, wondering if it's same for boys.

Comment

Son is U13, currently plays for EDP NL team. We are in north Jersey. Looks like PDA and STA have boys ECNL teams for this age group, one has performed better than the other. I'm just not very familiar with this league but know that ECNL is very strong for girls, wondering if it's same for boys.
        it is good, but will be a B team for clubs with a DA program. still generally very very good with "brand name" clubs. much less history on boys vs girls side, so DA still king. big question for DA will be how players respond to the tier I/tier II stratification and if kids on the tier II side (generally non-MLS) finally decide that giving up HS soccer isn't worth it, ECNL could be big beneficiary.

if you son plays on EDP national/regional team and is regularly re-qualifying to stay in that top league, not sure you'll get so much more from an ECNL club, imo.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X