X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS - Manalapan part ways

From MSC's FB:
    "As some of you are aware, Manalapan Soccer Club (MSC) has been re-evaluating its training relationship with GPS as the contract expires in July. We contracted with them 3 years ago with the hope of taking our travel soccer program to the next level and bring a professional level of training to our travel program. We have decided to forego our relationship with GPS (effective July 2020) and engage in a new partnership with Shatliff Soccer. Based on feedback from survey responses and the rigorous interview process of several other training companies, we strongly believe this is the best decision for our Club, players and families."

Good for you.
    GPS is trash.
    Don’t support their indentured servant model of coaching.
    I hope more clubs do this.

Comment

This is nothing to do with their current situation/bad press, this bed was made a long time ago.

Comment

Maybe MSC was forced into trying to become more than a sleepy daddy ball "travel" town club after losing top players and entire teams to Sportika (now PSA Wildcats) and other local clubs. They went with GPS, which looks like they have little or no track record of player development or team success in NJ.

Comment

Good riddance GPS is a complete $$$ grab.

Comment

Hearing Manalapan might be discussing a new partnership to replace GPS, hopefully stay away from PSA/Sportika.

Comment

Already contracted with Shatliff soccer...another training group with little or no track record...who will also run teams at Monroe Soccer Club.
              MSC is a great option for play date drop offs and time to kill fill before karate.
              PSA Wildcats would have nothing to do with a "wow! great kick!" town travel program.
              Sportika is a building, no longer is a soccer club/business that took the building's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Already contracted with Shatliff soccer...another training group with little or no track record...who will also run teams at Monroe Soccer Club.
                MSC is a great option for play date drop offs and time to kill fill before karate.
                PSA Wildcats would have nothing to do with a "wow! great kick!" town travel program.
                Sportika is a building, no longer is a soccer club/business that took the building's name.
                That is exactly the PSA business model.

Comment

Take your head out of your ass, without the town travel programs, there would be no players around to play for these 'academies'.

PSA/CSA.. all their players are developed in the wonderful township clubs of Monmouth and Ocean County.

Comment

My kid played in Marlboro growing up and we were left with no choice but to go to either CSA, NJ Wildcats or PDA Shore (I’ll admit this one a bit far). The challenge is that none of these “choices” were great and they truly felt like $ grabs without much good training and development for time and $ invested. I guess all the strong township teams are gone now? Any good ones left in the area?

Comment

There still are some quality teams in town clubs but they are the exception for sure. Wall, Holmdel, Howell etc still have some you just have to do your research by age group. If these teams are playing 1st Div EDP (maybe even 2nd Div) then that’s an indication they are pretty good.

Comment

Take your head out of your ass, without the town travel programs, there would be no players around to play for these 'academies'.

PSA/CSA.. all their players are developed in the wonderful township clubs of Monmouth and Ocean County.
                        You are absolutely correct

The problem is you have to pick the right time to move on in order to get into a program that a college or colleges will see your child.

If you leave too early your child doesn’t develop because academies recruit and don’t develop and if you stay too long you may miss the boat

It’s a slippery slope

Comment

You are absolutely correct

The problem is you have to pick the right time to move on in order to get into a program that a college or colleges will see your child.

If you leave too early your child doesn’t develop because academies recruit and don’t develop and if you stay too long you may miss the boat

It’s a slippery slope
                          Play with your friends at your local town club up until U13, and then go from there.

Would love to see the statistics of how many players stay the academy course from U8 to U16

Educating parents is key, individual teams in specific qge groups are DA certified, not entire clubs.

Comment

My daughter played on a township travel team for one season and we moved to an academy at U8. Probably the best decision we ever made. Her skill level has improved dramatically, and the coaching/training has been amazing, and she is playing with a bunch of great kids. Her township team has been struggling and is not doing to good. I feel bad for the kids who decided to stay with their parents believing everything they were being told. I'm not bashing township teams, in fact, Holmdale and Freehold teams seem to be pretty good. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find something wrong with every single team/club/academy. They are all good and they all suck. That seems to be every single person's opinion on these forums. "My club is better than yours", sometimes I'm reading these posts thinking it's a bunch of kids writing this stuff....

Comment

My daughter played on a township travel team for one season and we moved to an academy at U8. Probably the best decision we ever made. Her skill level has improved dramatically, and the coaching/training has been amazing, and she is playing with a bunch of great kids. Her township team has been struggling and is not doing to good. I feel bad for the kids who decided to stay with their parents believing everything they were being told. I'm not bashing township teams, in fact, Holmdale and Freehold teams seem to be pretty good. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find something wrong with every single team/club/academy. They are all good and they all suck. That seems to be every single person's opinion on these forums. "My club is better than yours", sometimes I'm reading these posts thinking it's a bunch of kids writing this stuff....
                              Just remember it’s all about what you want out of this. If it’s just about fun, remember that and don’t worry about the teams record, if it’s a bout a trophy every year don’t worry about development. If it’s about development and college don’t worry about the teams record, worry about your child’s progression, development and love of the game

Playing on the best teams especially at a young age dies usually lead to development. Playing on a mediocre team where your child needs to do more leads to learning at a faster pace

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X