•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 ECNL Texas Showcase - Coach List

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/pu....aspx?eid=1468
    - Texas 2020

Nothing like before GDA split up the schools attending.

https://ecnl.totalglobalsports.com/p...g.aspx?eid=328
    -Texas 2017

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/pu....aspx?eid=1468
    - Texas 2020

Nothing like before GDA split up the schools attending.

https://ecnl.totalglobalsports.com/p...g.aspx?eid=328
    -Texas 2017
    Your 2017 list shows Matt Kagan for Oregon State. Don’t think Matt Kagan was coach at OSU yet in 2017, was he?

Comment

I'm all for a little friendly criticism of GDA but this doesn't hold water...

Parents need to know that all colleges attending a tournament register on that site. My daughter has already been contacted by three coaches (D1 and D3) about her Houston schedule because they want to watch here there. None of those schools appear on the published college list.

Kids who want to be seen should write to all the schools they're interested in before a tournament and send their playing schedule. Even if that school isn't attending, it's let's coaches know what the player is up to, reminds the coach the player is interested etc

Comment

I'm all for a little friendly criticism of GDA but this doesn't hold water...

Parents need to know that all colleges attending a tournament register on that site. My daughter has already been contacted by three coaches (D1 and D3) about her Houston schedule because they want to watch here there. None of those schools appear on the published college list.

Kids who want to be seen should write to all the schools they're interested in before a tournament and send their playing schedule. Even if that school isn't attending, it's let's coaches know what the player is up to, reminds the coach the player is interested etc
        Sorry Typo: should say NOT ALL COLLEGES REGISTER

Comment

How were you contacted? I thought coaches can’t reach out until June 15 of sophomore year?

Comment

some u17s are juniors

Comment

How were you contacted? I thought coaches can’t reach out until June 15 of sophomore year?
              My kid is a junior. Also D3 coaches could always talk to younger players -- not sure if that has changed under new recruiting rules -- but daughter has been talking to D3 schools since 9th grade

Comment

My kid is a junior. Also D3 coaches could always talk to younger players -- not sure if that has changed under new recruiting rules -- but daughter has been talking to D3 schools since 9th grade
                Coaches can call players anytime in D3. D1 and D2 are stricter. College coaches can contact the club coach and relay "messages", if they are really interested. Power 5 kids are usually wrapped up before end of junior year, if not sooner with verbals. Nothing has really changed.

Thinking Rice, Trinity (Tx) and Texas A&M will there, but maybe didn't register. DD is not interested in Republic of Texas, unfortunately.

Comment

I disagree, it will take a few years as many of the top frosh and soph in the system now are already verbally committed but the new rules definitely change the recruiting game for D1 going forward. There is no possibility of giving a verbal commitment to an athlete until after sophomore year. And unless an top athlete will make a commitment without doing several official campus visits, it really pushes verbal offers until mid junior year or later.

As it should be. Even the vast majority of the top athletes will need to do something other than their sport after college and choosing the best college fit is really the most important thing. That's basically impossible to do as an eighth grader before you even have a clue what your major might be or what you are looking for in a college.

The new rules protect the well being of STUDENT athletes and I'm all for it.

Coaches can call players anytime in D3. D1 and D2 are stricter. College coaches can contact the club coach and relay "messages", if they are really interested. Power 5 kids are usually wrapped up before end of junior year, if not sooner with verbals. Nothing has really changed.

Thinking Rice, Trinity (Tx) and Texas A&M will there, but maybe didn't register. DD is not interested in Republic of Texas, unfortunately.

Comment

If you're a top D1 athlete (and one of the program's top recruits for your class), you're going to be committed the summer entering your junior year. November of junior year at the latest after doing an official visit (in-season). If you're being offered mid-season or later junior year and into your senior year, you are filling-out a program's roster with little to no athletic money. The only exception to this is if you're a USYNT player. The new rules only slow down the top studs in 8th-10th grade from early commiting but when June 15th hits after 10th grade year, it's on. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Comment

If you're a top D1 athlete (and one of the program's top recruits for your class), you're going to be committed the summer entering your junior year. November of junior year at the latest after doing an official visit (in-season). If you're being offered mid-season or later junior year and into your senior year, you are filling-out a program's roster with little to no athletic money. The only exception to this is if you're a USYNT player. The new rules only slow down the top studs in 8th-10th grade from early commiting but when June 15th hits after 10th grade year, it's on. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
                      Calm down. A lot of girls aren't committed yet. I agree, nobody should be counting on athletic money in soccer unless they are the top 1% of players, but there are lots of places to play and soccer can be an admissions edge

Comment

Calm down. A lot of girls aren't committed yet. I agree, nobody should be counting on athletic money in soccer unless they are the top 1% of players, but there are lots of places to play and soccer can be an admissions edge
                        A ton of players get money beyond the 1% at D1 schools. The whole "soccer is an admissions edge" angle doesn't apply to D1 unless you're talking Ivys, and most of those slots for 2021 are spoken for. My 2021 has one of those spots and was being recruited by other Ivys. But if you are trying to get an academic tip at a prestigious academic D3 school, then yes, soccer can be an admissions edge. We were also talking to top liberal arts colleges including 1 prominent West Coast D3 and a handful on the East Coast. Many of those spots are spoken for pending test scores. It's not too late for high academic D3s but you better get moving if this is the direction you plan on taking. Not sure what the recruiting landscape looks like in this state but I agree with the other poster. If you're being recruited spring of your junior year and later, you'll have less choices to choose from your college list. At that point you're just hoping a school wants to recruit you. Best of luck.

-Not from WA

Comment

A ton of players get money beyond the 1% at D1 schools. The whole "soccer is an admissions edge" angle doesn't apply to D1 unless you're talking Ivys, and most of those slots for 2021 are spoken for. My 2021 has one of those spots and was being recruited by other Ivys. But if you are trying to get an academic tip at a prestigious academic D3 school, then yes, soccer can be an admissions edge. We were also talking to top liberal arts colleges including 1 prominent West Coast D3 and a handful on the East Coast. Many of those spots are spoken for pending test scores. It's not too late for high academic D3s but you better get moving if this is the direction you plan on taking. Not sure what the recruiting landscape looks like in this state but I agree with the other poster. If you're being recruited spring of your junior year and later, you'll have less choices to choose from your college list. At that point you're just hoping a school wants to recruit you. Best of luck.

-Not from WA
                          No athletic money from Ivy or NESCAC D3 or Claremonts, Chicago, JHU, and others.
                          Academic P5 D1 Duke, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Stanford with some bread in the jar.

Well to be fair to the other poster, being a D1 athlete soccer can be considered a top athlete which represents about 2.2% of 400k hs age soccer players or about 9000. Your kid is the 1% of this.

Comment

What happens to the girls that peaked and committed early to P5 schools and are now not even as good as uncommitted players on their team? The schools honored the verbals and they are signing NLIs but they may not play a minute all 4 years. Meanwhile, she ties up a roster spot and scholarship money. I bet some colleges grab some late bloomers for little money to help make up for it. Still not much money left but at least a roster spot.

Comment

No athletic money from Ivy or NESCAC D3 or Claremonts, Chicago, JHU, and others.
                              Academic P5 D1 Duke, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Stanford with some bread in the jar.

Well to be fair to the other poster, being a D1 athlete soccer can be considered a top athlete which represents about 2.2% of 400k hs age soccer players or about 9000. Your kid is the 1% of this.
                              Is Arkansas Pine Bluff really better soccer because they are D1 than somewhere like Pomona or MIT? Many D3s blow many D1s out of the water academically and some are better at soccer too. A lot of soccer girls want a top academic school too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X