Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

middle school soccer

DS is headed to middle school next year (6th grade), and i noticed that they have a 6th grade soccer team. Can DS play middle school soccer and still be on the first team of his clubs soccer team? I fully realize that there are likely practice constraints, etc. It appears to run concurrent to Presidents Cup, so their is that...

Just curious what others have experienced.

Our daughter plays all the school sports and they don’t conflict for us since practices/games for school are directly after school and club doesn’t start until 5:30. Occasionally we will have to leave a school sport a couple minutes early. Our experience is that the coaching and quality of play is generally a dumpster fire. For example her school coach told her she isn’t allowed to pass backwards or laterally, the ball must always go forward. She’s smart enough that she can compartmentalize that and usually uses school soccer to do things like work on crazy moves, try to meg people, etc. It’s a chance to play with non-soccer club friends, so overall she enjoys it.

Comment

My kiddo had a blast on her middle school teams. She had to do back to back practices a few times a week, but she met kids from different clubs and it was an overall enriching experience. Kids will leave in the middle of practices and even games to make club, b/c you get more out of club, but the coaches know that.

Comment

Awesome thank you so much for the responses!

Comment

Good info on here. It must be hard for these school coaches, having their best players not be fully committed. The quality of school soccer can never increase probably. They mind as well turn it into some sort of organized pick up.

Comment

it really depends on the school teams policies also. my daughter's school had a strict policy that they could only miss 1 practice a week. club policy was no missed practices. so that meant 8-9 games/practices per week so often double practices. we did it for 6th grade but the wear and tear on her body wasn't worth it so we stopped after that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X