Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Girls

My daughter is the leading scorer for her local team. I think she is ready to play at a bigger club. I have been told to take her to Pen Fusion or FC Delco. What team at those clubs is better for 2007 girls? I won't sign her up if she does not make the A team at those clubs.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter is the leading scorer for her local team. I think she is ready to play at a bigger club. I have been told to take her to Pen Fusion or FC Delco. What team at those clubs is better for 2007 girls? I won't sign her up if she does not make the A team at those clubs.
    Depends on where you live. I would do Penn Fusion, PA Classics, SJEB, PDA South, and depending on who is coaching next year, maybe FC Bucks. FC Delco is the last place you want to send your child.

Comment

Depends on where you live. I would do Penn Fusion, PA Classics, SJEB, PDA South, and depending on who is coaching next year, maybe FC Bucks. FC Delco is the last place you want to send your child.
      Agree with most of this but I would also say,
      Avoid bucks at all costs. No leadership and the club is sinking fast. They have a team coached by an unqualified parent who is not a professional coach, so you pay for professional coaching but get a biased and unqualified parent. Also they are lacking in faculties and teams on average only practice 1.5 times per week.

My advice look at all of the clubs college commitments, as well as who is coaching the team you are looking at. You can also check out each clubs standings in their respective leagues. Do your research and talk to other soccer parents - word of mouth is reliable.

Comment

FC Bucks is a good choice don’t underestimate

Comment

I heard a rumor that US soccer are thinking about going back to grade-level teams at the club level. Any truth to this?

Comment

Hmmm

Haven't heard that about age groups.

As for 2007s, definitely check the records and gauge your child's ability. There are some serious players at some of those clubs. I think Penn Fusion's 2007 won the state cup and regionals last year and are doing well in the DA. Delco has not performed as well the past 2 years, so it could be a better opportunity to get a foot a in the door assuming they have a weaker roster. Depending on where you are located, Classics or Bucks could be an option or even Delaware FC.

Comment

1st - Just because she is the highest scorer on a local team don't think she is up to par with A team players on the bigger academies. I know a lot of B squad players who could and do play for local teams and tear up the locals but can't get a starting node on the B squad.

2nd - Look at travel time to fields, how many times they practice a week and practice times to see if you and she can even make the commitment. Also cost could be a factor as DA teams do A LOT of traveling that requires over night stays.

3rd - Look at what is included. Do they do Futsal in the winter or training and/or summer tournaments, 3v3 or even practices?

If she isn't on a National League or at the least a lower level EDP team then you could be better off going to a smaller club that is in NL (https://www.edpsoccer.com/page/show/...ences-schedule) and doing training at 360 Soccer. Honestly most of these Academy and Elite club teams have players going to the same type/level colleges with the occasional top 20 DI player. There are over 360 DI schools and over 1000 college women soccer programs. Don't fall for the "We can get her to X school" unless it's PDA and Rutgers since they are roughly the same thing anyway.

Comment

I heard a rumor that US soccer are thinking about going back to grade-level teams at the club level. Any truth to this?
                I don’t think they will return to grade level. It’s an interesting topic

Comment

In put

To walk on to the DA team at Penn Fusion, you will need to be a plus player. They have some weaker players at the bottom of the 2007 roster on the DA, but there is a steep drop between the the DA and the Pre-academy. If your daughter is truly a good player, she would probably at least have a chance of competing for a spot for the PA. Its probably better than Delco, though

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=13

Delco

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...s&teamId=12575

Comment

Leading scorer on a U-little team...

Armageddon is upon us.

Comment

Leading scorer on a U-little team...

Armageddon is upon us.
                      She scores 10 goals per game ....

Comment

LOL - The PF Pre-AC team has some gift kids on that roster who shouldn't be there and only made the team bc of they were new players or of affiliate agreemenets. I'm sure half can be replaced. Meanwhile, they have better players on the United team just waiting for a chance.

Comment

LOL - The PF Pre-AC team has some gift kids on that roster who shouldn't be there and only made the team bc of they were new players or of affiliate agreemenets. I'm sure half can be replaced. Meanwhile, they have better players on the United team just waiting for a chance.
                          Delco 07 better than PF 07?

Comment

PF is da so no Hs soccer. So there’s that

Comment

Delco is not better than PF or FC Bucks in the 07 age group. But again, it’s all about where you live. You don’t need to drive an hour or two to soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X