Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer cleats recommendation

My 16 year old has asked for new cleats for Christmas. His current pair are the Nike Mercurial Superfly Pro VI - firm ground and has really liked them. We tried them on at Sports Authority before they went out of business and paid around $175. Looking at the Nike website they have newer models and I'm not sure which one to choose. Can someone tell me since we live in the Pacific Northwest if firm ground cleats are the best type for practicing and playing on outdoor turf and the occasional grass games? Looking to spend around $200 give or take $50.

Go to a Soccer West store and try on multiple shoes. The staff are pretty knowledgeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Go to a Soccer West store and try on multiple shoes. The staff are pretty knowledgeable.
      Soccer West Bellevue location is closing so they have stuff on sale.

Comment

HAHAHA go to soccerwest what a joke. The last 6 times we've been in one of their stores, they have only had one shoe in my kids size each time. Salespeople have always been useless. Might have better luck since you are in adult sizes.

Sad that we have to go to Dicks or Amazon just to find shoes in stock, would much prefer to support the local soccer store (even though its more expensive).

Please be aware with Nike the foot bed can be significantly different shape between styles, requiring a half size change.

We preferred the medium ground cleat, but I think they are one in the same as the firm ground now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          HAHAHA go to soccerwest what a joke. The last 6 times we've been in one of their stores, they have only had one shoe in my kids size each time. Salespeople have always been useless. Might have better luck since you are in adult sizes.

Sad that we have to go to Dicks or Amazon just to find shoes in stock, would much prefer to support the local soccer store (even though its more expensive).

Please be aware with Nike the foot bed can be significantly different shape between styles, requiring a half size change.

We preferred the medium ground cleat, but I think they are one in the same as the firm ground now.
          Definitely miss Schmetzer's. It was worth the drive to know you'd be going home with something that fit.

Adidas is the same as Nike, no two shoes are the same width or shape. And good luck finding something that fits if you have wide feet. Fortunately my kid's feet have stopped growing and they're not super picky on color, so we can find good deals on last years cleats on soccer.com.

Comment

Go to Soccer.com and buy there. They have discounts and you can buy good cleats for less. On Amazon you wiil pay more. My son likes Nike Phantom Vision Elite

Comment

Go to SoccerWest, Dicks, etc and try on some cleats. Then buy last years version on Zappos or Amazon. I got my daughter cleats for grass and a separate pair of turfs. I think the turfs are easier on their bodies, especially when you play games on outdoor “turf” that is glorified carpet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X