Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becnl

I heard this weekend that boys ECNL teams are allowed to play in the USYS NW Conference League, the winner of which as I understand goes to FWRL Playoffs. How is that possible that a US Club team is allowed into the USYS playoffs? I am all for getting rid of the split between USYS and US Club and just letting the best teams rise to the top leagues but this seems a little lopsided with the BECNL teams allowed to play in both BECNL and USYS playoffs.

https://www.boysecnl.com/northwest-c...nce-standings/

Comment

becnl

Looks like there are a few teams that live outside of US Youth looking at the boys U14 bracket - Oregon Premier which has DA and ECNL and one of the WPFC teams
      https://2019usysnwc.sportsaffinity.c...77&groupcode=A

Could these teams potentially compete in 2 national championships if they could go all the way to the end? Or do they converge at some point?

Comment

Soccerismyjam

I would think the challenge of ECNL teams would be welcomed in the NW league. If the team pays, travels and wins then they deserve the reward of making the playoffs. I watched a team play the other day that clapped the other team but pushed them to work harder. We need to keep the qualifying competitive. Curious if they compete in one National championship too??

Comment

I agree if it were a PSPL club trying to play with RCL, but on the boys side, the ECNL teams are the RCL teams from last year. And looks like they changed their names to sign up. Most of the Washington clubs A teams are ECNL and B teams are RCL. The teams that I see signed up for the conference are simply A teams among a bunch of B teams. Its like RCL Div 1 teams being allowed to play in Presidents Cup. I think it is just another example of how screwed up our youth system is with US Club and USYS not talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Looks like there are a few teams that live outside of US Youth looking at the boys U14 bracket - Oregon Premier which has DA and ECNL and one of the WPFC teams
            https://2019usysnwc.sportsaffinity.c...77&groupcode=A

Could these teams potentially compete in 2 national championships if they could go all the way to the end? Or do they converge at some point?
            Oregon Premier FC was in DA last year, but Oregon's local DA program ended after last season. OPFC (formerly Crossfire Oregon) is now back in OYSA. Other than the Timbers Academy, there are no DA teams in Oregon, and none below U15. (Timbers' U13 and U14 teams have largely been playing friendlies against the BECNL teams, who were their opponents in the Washington DA last year).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X