Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nsl

With NSL recently announcing their direct pathway to the USYS Eastern Regional Championships, and a number of teams returning to the league, how does it currently sit in the New England league landscape?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With NSL recently announcing their direct pathway to the USYS Eastern Regional Championships, and a number of teams returning to the league, how does it currently sit in the New England league landscape?
    It exists in the New England league landscape.

Comment

Give it a couple more years, at most, and all teams will belong to NEFC, GPS, Bolts , Stars, Aztec, Seacoast, South Shore. Perhaps a few more, Liverpool, AVSC, FCUSA. McSoccer has taken over in Mass. NEP is the new NSL.

Comment

Based on last fall & this past spring, even at the "Elite" level, most NSL teams I saw were no better than town teams (I think some maybe some WERE town teams). The team my kid played for routinely had to resort to playing keep-away to avoid running the score up too much. It didn't really do much to help the kids develop, and if the upcoming season goes like that, I can see a number of them jumping ship to get onto a NEP team.

Comment

NEP is the new NSL.
          It is indeed. But as long as the games are competitive and the scores not lopsided, mission accomplished.

Comment

Based on last fall & this past spring, even at the "Elite" level, most NSL teams I saw were no better than town teams (I think some maybe some WERE town teams). The team my kid played for routinely had to resort to playing keep-away to avoid running the score up too much. It didn't really do much to help the kids develop, and if the upcoming season goes like that, I can see a number of them jumping ship to get onto a NEP team.
            They don’t have enough teams to generate evenly matched games week in and week out.
            Its time to move on and not waste your time and money on this.

Comment

Quote from the announcement of this new championship league: “The amount of time to travel, missing school, and the high cost of attending multiple competitions is done. This is the future and we are excited to participate.”

First championship weekend is June 13-14, 2020 in Spotsylvania, Virginia. So how does this help “the amount of time to travel, missing school, and the high cost of attending multiple competitions is done. This is the future and we are excited to participate.”???? Making NSL that can barely afford to travel across state lines in New England go all the way down to Virginia when some schools here might be still in session and having final exams and projects?

Talk about giving parents and players something they didn’t want and ask for!

Comment

Most of the teams in NEP were NSL clubs within the last few years. To say it’s more competitive is a stretch. It’s just more sustainable, because it has more players and teams to support its league play.

Comment

NEP has it's share of town teams now too. It's not a stretch to call NEP the new MAPLE. NEP is now everything they said they would not be.

Comment

NEP has it's share of town teams now too. It's not a stretch to call NEP the new MAPLE. NEP is now everything they said they would not be.
                    Because Sean Carey is a loser

Comment

Most of the teams in NEP were NSL clubs within the last few years. To say it’s more competitive is a stretch. It’s just more sustainable, because it has more players and teams to support its league play.
                      Maybe in the lower NEP divisions, but the NEP "Premiership" teams I saw in the spring season were light years ahead of the NSL "Elite" teams my kid played against in the fall.

Comment

Maybe in the lower NEP divisions, but the NEP "Premiership" teams I saw in the spring season were light years ahead of the NSL "Elite" teams my kid played against in the fall.
                        Because most of the players flicked from the NSL to the NEP at all levels. You can’t compare. There are hardly any teams left in NSL. NEP is the new NSL .And NPL is the new NEP. And so on...

Comment

Because most of the players flicked from the NSL to the NEP at all levels. You can’t compare. There are hardly any teams left in NSL. NEP is the new NSL .And NPL is the new NEP. And so on...
                          That makes absolutely no sense. If all the mediocre NSL players suddenly moved to NEP, then how did I see a giant leap in competition? And where did the higher level NEP kids disappear to?

Comment

That makes absolutely no sense. If all the mediocre NSL players suddenly moved to NEP, then how did I see a giant leap in competition? And where did the higher level NEP kids disappear to?
                            Depends on the age group... on the girls side, for example, this year's U13s, the top teams from NEFC, SSS, Seacoast, Oakwood have moved to NEGDL (pre-GDA league), top 2 teams from Scorpions, CFC have moved to ECNL and ECNLR (formerly NE NPL) and the top 4 teams from Stars are in ECNL (2) and ECNLR (2). So, beyond U13 (and even starting at U12 with pre-ECNL and pre-DA), NEP loses lots of talent to other leagues.

Comment

Depends on the age group... on the girls side, for example, this year's U13s, the top teams from NEFC, SSS, Seacoast, Oakwood have moved to NEGDL (pre-GDA league), top 2 teams from Scorpions, CFC have moved to ECNL and ECNLR (formerly NE NPL) and the top 4 teams from Stars are in ECNL (2) and ECNLR (2). So, beyond U13 (and even starting at U12 with pre-ECNL and pre-DA), NEP loses lots of talent to other leagues.
                              There will be a midterm and a final exam on this...……..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X