Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epd

EPD tryouts are this week - anyone trying out in the older age groups still? 06 and above?

Epd

I have heard that several of the 06 boys that were on DA last year will be trying out from WP

Comment

What's the point of EPD, anyway? Another money grab for what? Players train once per month so they can go to several expensive tournaments for what purpose? Isn't my player already getting tournament experiences? EPD seems to offer low education at a really expensive price. And from what I can tell, EPD is no longer a "best of the best" kind of thing. The best players are doing other things and getting more valuable experiences elsewhere including overseas. Why spend all this money to be with the "best of the rest"?

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. My kids has fun at EPD and it isn’t that expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Mine did as well. I dont understand the bellyaching about everything youth soccer sometimes.

Comment

It can be expensive, but depends how far your kid went.

$35 for tryouts.
            $350 for pool training.
            $1300 for phoenix
            $500 for friendship
            $650 for regional camp
            $$$$ for interregionals
            $$$$ national camp.
            $$$$ foreign country travel

all estimates, but pretty close for one kid. Double if you travel.

Comment

What's the point of EPD, anyway? Another money grab for what? Players train once per month so they can go to several expensive tournaments for what purpose? Isn't my player already getting tournament experiences? EPD seems to offer low education at a really expensive price. And from what I can tell, EPD is no longer a "best of the best" kind of thing. The best players are doing other things and getting more valuable experiences elsewhere including overseas. Why spend all this money to be with the "best of the rest"?
              The poster has a point though. What is the purpose of EPD (beyond having fun)? Isn’t it marketed as a “pathway” accelerator or something?

Comment

That’s a lot of money to just to have fun... where the elite training part

Comment

Last year B03 had the same coach from the previous year and he didn’t even show up for tryouts, and pretty much pick the same travel team from the year before except he added for a few kids from his new club he was at.

Comment

That’s a lot of money to just to have fun... where the elite training part
                    Our daughter is on the Eastern Washington team. The pace of play at training sessions and overall player talent is very much beyond any singular club team on this side of the Cascades. Almost every coach is on a college staff. It is unfortunate they only train once a month, but once a month is more than zero times a month. Not sure in the West side where you have DA/ECNL, but given the absence of those programs in Eastern WA, EPD is certainly relevant.

Comment

Last year B03 had the same coach from the previous year and he didn’t even show up for tryouts, and pretty much pick the same travel team from the year before except he added for a few kids from his new club he was at.
                      That’s Roy Lassiter. Hardly showed up to practices. Team underachieved both years. Not a great experience.

Comment

That’s Roy Lassiter. Hardly showed up to practices. Team underachieved both years. Not a great experience.
                        How much did he try and extort from families for private trainings, car repairs, and medical issues?

Comment

How much did he try and extort from families for private trainings, car repairs, and medical issues?
                          How about you put your name and number on here and maybe he will give you a call.....didnt think so!

Comment

Definitely wouldn’t put name or number on here. Roy would probably be like one of these Nigerian Princes that would call 17 times a day....

I’m sure he could turn my son into a star if I just pay $2k to fix his BMW...

Comment

How about you put your name and number on here and maybe he will give you a call.....didnt think so!
                              Sure, 1-800-222-TIPS. He should self-report and live free from guilt.
                              Why did he get sh*tcanned at Pac? Wasn't he like the DOC for boys?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X