Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG Academy Top 150

The 2020 Boys list was released today. There are only 2 players from MA listed. There’s a Revs keeper at 35(down 9 places since the last ranking) and a Black Rock player at 122. I guess the boys in MA aren’t as good as we all seem to think they are.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The 2020 Boys list was released today. There are only 2 players from MA listed. There’s a Revs keeper at 35(down 9 places since the last ranking) and a Black Rock player at 122. I guess the boys in MA aren’t as good as we all seem to think they are.
    Who ever said Mass. Was known for its soccer players? In the grand scheme of US soccer players, Mass doesn’t produce a lot of top talent.

Comment

Who ever said Mass. Was known for its soccer players? In the grand scheme of US soccer players, Mass doesn’t produce a lot of top talent.
      Hush, hush.
      Don’t let the denizens of T/S hear of this...
      Could cause complete economic disruption of club system beliefs

Comment

Hush, hush.
        Don’t let the denizens of T/S hear of this...
        Could cause complete economic disruption of club system beliefs
        Let’s hope the 07 thread sees this and maybe they can be saved before it’s too late...

Comment

Even more interesting is that neither of these players are from MA they just play in MA.

Comment

Don't you have to submit a profile to TDS even to be considered for this ranking? Sounds more like a money grab scheme than a reliable ranking of soccer talent. Not every ranking list made is worthy of our attention. Doesn't that New England Soccer Journal put out all kinds of rankings throughout the year that have no real expert guidance. I feel like TDS is similar, but maybe I'm wrong...

Comment

Don't you have to submit a profile to TDS even to be considered for this ranking? Sounds more like a money grab scheme than a reliable ranking of soccer talent. Not every ranking list made is worthy of our attention. Doesn't that New England Soccer Journal put out all kinds of rankings throughout the year that have no real expert guidance. I feel like TDS is similar, but maybe I'm wrong...
              Yes - you have to submit a profile so most players are not even considered for such a ranking because most families do not submit profiles.

Comment

Yes - you have to submit a profile so most players are not even considered for such a ranking because most families do not submit profiles.
                It appears you don’t need to submit a profile.

Comment

It appears you don’t need to submit a profile.
                  No idea. Site says to submit a profile to be considered for ranking but maybe some kids are scooped up from other lists. I can just confirm that for the age group and area I am familiar with, some top players are not on that site at all and some weaker players are found on the site for whatever that is worth.

As a person also needs to pay to view much of the information on the site. The business model obviously includes player funded income like most of the rest of the youth soccer industry,

Comment

Do they need permission from the player to list a player on the site or can they display any information they choose?

Comment

Do they need permission from the player to list a player on the site or can they display any information they choose?
                      These rankings mean little. If you want to get an idea of the quality of local talent look at who is actually on rosters that appeared in the final 16 of a College Cup or the homegrown Revs players. Precious few from MA or even all of NE.

Comment

These rankings mean little. If you want to get an idea of the quality of local talent look at who is actually on rosters that appeared in the final 16 of a College Cup or the homegrown Revs players. Precious few from MA or even all of NE.
                        Top D1 rosters filled with kids from CO, CA, TX, FL - plus international. Ma and NE a small blip on the radar.

Comment

The rankings are not accurate, but they don't mean nothing. These boys aren't crap players. However are they the best 150 in the country? Not necessarily. (No, my son is not on the list).

No, you do not have to submit a profile to be considered.

In a country the size of the US, with too many leagues (yes DA is high level, but so is prep school and some ecnl/npl players) is it any wonder that the list is inaccurate? Of course it is. Don't worry about it either way!

Comment

I don’t have any idea what the value of their rankings are. I do see the rankings referenced in many of the bios of incoming freshmen recruits as my son and I research potential schools.

Comment

The rankings are not accurate, but they don't mean nothing. These boys aren't crap players. However are they the best 150 in the country? Not necessarily.
                              No one posting here has a child on this list. I have a login i’ve “acquired” from a relative whose daughter is quite the player. I wanted to keep up with her journey. There are decent articles on the pay side of the site if you enjoy soccer. I know from my relative that she didn’t have a profile until someone told her she made the list. Any time an article references her it is added to her list of accomplishments on the site automatically. Once that starts happening it seems like a no brainer to develop a profile. I have no concept about who are the best players in the country. I can tell you 10 boys on this particular 2020 list have signed pro contracts. Another 58 boys are committed to top D1 schools and soccer programs like Stanford, Duke, UNC, Wake Forest and UVA as rising seniors. When 45% of any list is comprised of professionals and D1 commitments it lends some credibility to whatever process they employ to compile it. I’m sure there are great players not on the list.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X