Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calkins to coach UPS

Kim Calkins leaving Reign for UPS job. Running the Reign appears to be a 2-year job.

http://www.loggerathletics.com/sport...20190625jk7v8c

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kim Calkins leaving Reign for UPS job. Running the Reign appears to be a 2-year job.

http://www.loggerathletics.com/sport...20190625jk7v8c
    What a crass comment. You might as well say being coach of the Women Sounders is a two year job. She, like many coaches wants to coach college. Congrats to her for getting that opportunity.

Reign is just fine. The new Technical Director is another NW women's soccer icon.

Comment

What a crass comment. You might as well say being coach of the Women Sounders is a two year job. She, like many coaches wants to coach college. Congrats to her for getting that opportunity.

Reign is just fine. The new Technical Director is another NW women's soccer icon.
      Who is it? I can't find any announcements form Reign on this?

Comment

well I won't say but a hint since we're in world cup season is that she has a gold medal

Who is it? I can't find any announcements form Reign on this?

Comment

none

Amy Griffin

Comment

People don't see the big picture here for woman's soccer for wa.
            You have TR who will most likely be head coach for UW when LG
            retires next year. You have KC who most likely be head coach for UPS.
            You have AG who will be tech director for reign. You have MA who is
            the girl's DOC at Pac. You have JW at Seattle U as head coach.
            You have MF at Portland. I am probably missing lots of others.

Look at this ecosystem of strong female leadership in our area.
            They all know each other from playing or coaching days. So, instead
            of tearing down these people, how about applauding them for their
            successes? I am sure that this will translate well for our daughters.

Comment

People don't see the big picture here for woman's soccer for wa.
              You have TR who will most likely be head coach for UW when LG
              retires next year. You have KC who most likely be head coach for UPS.
              You have AG who will be tech director for reign. You have MA who is
              the girl's DOC at Pac. You have JW at Seattle U as head coach.
              You have MF at Portland. I am probably missing lots of others.

Look at this ecosystem of strong female leadership in our area.
              They all know each other from playing or coaching days. So, instead
              of tearing down these people, how about applauding them for their
              successes? I am sure that this will translate well for our daughters.
              I'm all for supporting women -- I am one -- but that doesn't mean their performance can't be discussed. Through my kid, I've had the opportunity to observe/interact with 4 of these coaches. All have strenghths. None is perfect, though I reserve the highest respect for MA and JW. KC is likeable but struggled in the Reign role. I think a pure coaching position may be a better fit. TR may be a good coach for D1 but not for younger players.

Comment

Malia arent at PAC is probably the best out of all of those coaches that you listed.

Comment

none

Sam Laity left Reign Academy.

Comment

to go where? must be to coach college or head coach in the nwsl? this is very fresh news, hasn't been announced internally by reign yet

Comment

none

https://www.reignacademy.com/coaches

Comment

Wonder the circumstances for the chance. A good coach but maybe not the best personality match for teenage girls

Comment

They cleaned house. Only Matt is left.

Comment

Sam Laity left Reign Academy.
                            Get your facts straight. He's still with Reign FC as an Assistant coach. He's still working with Reign Academy players as an advisor and college recruiting contact. He hasn't left the Reign organization.

He has a family to look after in the UK and cannot commit to the travel schedule.

Comment

Get your facts straight. He's still with Reign FC as an Assistant coach. He's still working with Reign Academy players as an advisor and college recruiting contact. He hasn't left the Reign organization.

He has a family to look after in the UK and cannot commit to the travel schedule.
                              Lol I love the hypocrisy here. The coaches have a hard time travelling every month (which is their job) but 12-18 year old kids are expected to travel out of state for all away games and be good students and spend time with family etc. Shows you how stupid it is for our kids to be traveling this much. My comment is not a knock specifically at the Reign but at youth soccer as a whole. The Reign just seems to travel the most.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X