Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

club soccer by region vs organization

Any observations on how much teams vary by region within the very same club organization? GPS’s North Shore, Metro, South Shore for example. Notice any patterns on quality (skill and game comprehension) of teams based on location? Same for other organizations that offer training and teams in multiple locations, NEFC, FC Stars etc

GPS are the biggest in any region.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      GPS are the biggest in any region.
      But have you noticed how their own teams compare to one another by location? Is a GPS South Shore team consistently comparable to one of their North Shore teams at the same gender/age bracket? Or within any club?

Comment

But have you noticed how their own teams compare to one another by location? Is a GPS South Shore team consistently comparable to one of their North Shore teams at the same gender/age bracket? Or within any club?
        All GPS regions compete at an extremely high level. All could play DA.

Comment

Ha! No.

Comment

Why don’t you do your homework and look at the records yourself you troll.

Comment

Ha! No.
              Second that.

Comment

Third that

Comment

All GPS regions compete at an extremely high level. All could play DA.
                  I agree, except that, no. No they could not.

Comment

Why would this matter at all? Of course different regions/areas would differ within all large clubs? You will always have strong teams/weak teams, stronger locations/weaker locations, etc... Is this a trick question? Seems pretty obvious so I’m questioning your motive. Do you need to vent?

Comment

Don’t feed the troll.

Comment

Don’t feed the troll.
                        Good point. Every once in a while I can’t help myself.

Comment

Why would this matter at all? Of course different regions/areas would differ within all large clubs? You will always have strong teams/weak teams, stronger locations/weaker locations, etc... Is this a trick question? Seems pretty obvious so I’m questioning your motive. Do you need to vent?
                          Not at all to vent. Genuinely interested in the observation of other parents. My family is new to club soccer and it’s an overwhelming amount of information to navigate, with few trustworthy sources . I have been told over and over by other parents that one club in particular invests more of their resources into their north shore teams. In our very limited club experience, north shore teams seemed to be consistently stronger at tournaments, regardless of the club, but this is obviously from a very narrow firsthand experience. Many of the larger clubs post standings with age, elite team color, but with no specific location. Not interested in bashing any club. Not interested in bashing any region. Just interested in firsthand observation of any possible patterns.

Comment

Don’t feed the troll.
                            The irony of your comment was not lost on me. Good stuff.

Comment

Not at all to vent. Genuinely interested in the observation of other parents. My family is new to club soccer and it’s an overwhelming amount of information to navigate, with few trustworthy sources . I have been told over and over by other parents that one club in particular invests more of their resources into their north shore teams. In our very limited club experience, north shore teams seemed to be consistently stronger at tournaments, regardless of the club, but this is obviously from a very narrow firsthand experience. Many of the larger clubs post standings with age, elite team color, but with no specific location. Not interested in bashing any club. Not interested in bashing any region. Just interested in firsthand observation of any possible patterns.
                              It depends where ( which club ) a majority of the players from a particular region flock to. More players = more money = more resources typically. It varies form region to region, which clubs tend to be the “ strongest “. It also varies widely by age and gender groups. Sometimes the teams look stronger at a tournament by playing weaker competition. Unless you are at ECNL or DA level, play on a team where your kid is enjoying their soccer experience and learning the game. It doesn’t really matter otherwise, but people will tell you it does $$$$$$

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X