Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapinoe

She never misses a chance to make it all about herself. Her two goals would make you think she was the star of the game she was not. I could care less about her personal life or her beliefs. She makes it very hard to root for any team where she’s the face of it or at this point even a part of.

eh, cut her some slack. she's indisputably a leader on and off the field, both for US women's soccer and equal pay/rights. and the xG on 2 pk's is not 2, so yeah, she did actually win the game.

Comment

Rapinoe is a decent player. Let her play. Let her live.

Comment

The refs won the game.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        eh, cut her some slack. she's indisputably a leader on and off the field, both for US women's soccer and equal pay/rights. and the xG on 2 pk's is not 2, so yeah, she did actually win the game.

Comment

She didn’t earn either penalty. Give credit Lavelle and Heath. She makes it very hard to root for this team. Her protests date back to 2015 so this is not about the current culture in the country(which has swung decidedly towards her views). Pay inequality is a huge issue but she is such a polarizing figure I don’t think she should be the face of that struggle. IMO

Comment

Has always been a good player but she's again out fast. I appreciate her fighting for pay equality etc, but it is a team sport. Making two PKs? Most anyone on the team should be able to do that given the statistical odds and their years of experience. Nor were they literally the game winning shots of a shoot out. I could care less about her personal life.

Comment

She never misses a chance to make it all about herself. Her two goals would make you think she was the star of the game she was not. I could care less about her personal life or her beliefs. She makes it very hard to root for any team where she’s the face of it or at this point even a part of.
              rapinoe is a turd

Comment

Yawn. Blah, blah, blah. Men who are intimidated by women who aren't afraid not to fit into that little box deemed acceptable female behavior. I doubt Rapinoe cares one fvck about your opinion, any more than any other strong woman should.

Comment

Her two PK's; not real goals. She had no goals during the run of play.

But, I like her. She is confident. However, I agree. She should not be the face of US Soccer. This isn't about her beliefs or lifestyle.

AW was the face of US Soccer for years. No one cared about her private life. She was a joy to watch and a true team player. She was ALL about team, country and the world of soccer. She complimented opponents all the time.

It's about growing the game and getting sponsors to buy into it as well. Every US Soccer player should have a Luna bar in her hands when being interviewed.

Comment

But, I like her. She is confident. However, I agree. She should not be the face of US Soccer. This isn't about her beliefs or lifestyle.

AW was the face of US Soccer for years. No one cared about her private life. She was a joy to watch and a true team player. She was ALL about team, country and the world of soccer. She complimented opponents all the time.

It's about growing the game and getting sponsors to buy into it as well. Every US Soccer player should have a Luna bar in her hands when being interviewed.
                    I actually started buying Luna bars for my kid after they ponied up some $ for these athletes! Gotta support companies that support female athletes

Comment

I actually started buying Luna bars for my kid after they ponied up some $ for these athletes! Gotta support companies that support female athletes
                      100% true. They are from the Cliff Bar family. Been buying them as well.

Comment

It is not good behavior period. Could not care less about her gender or anything else. Not caring what people think will not make their impressions or opinions of her go away. She complains about being disrespected but has no problem disrespecting others. From what I see, it is the attention that Rapinoe wants. No player should act above above the team. That said, Rapinoe is a talented soccer player. I have been disappointed in the way the US team has conducted themselves, and I will root for every opponent. Losing will hopefully be a humbling experience.

Yawn. Blah, blah, blah. Men who are intimidated by women who aren't afraid not to fit into that little box deemed acceptable female behavior. I doubt Rapinoe cares one fvck about your opinion, any more than any other strong woman should.

Comment

Pretty sure PKs are real goals. She did score against in their first game.
                          So what your saying is she should shut up and be a good little girls and just play soccer. Don't have any opinions about life? Is what we should tell your young girls. Keep your mouth shut don't stand up for anything even though this is the biggest stage where people are actually following women's soccer?
                          I'm just wondering from you or anyone else here if she was black would any make a thread about here or even comment about about what she is doing? Probably not but it's safe to bash a white female for here opions.

Comment

So what your saying is she should shut up and be a good little girls and just play soccer. Don't have any opinions about life? Is what we should tell your young girls. Keep your mouth shut don't stand up for anything even though this is the biggest stage where people are actually following women's soccer?
                            I'm just wondering from you or anyone else here if she was black would any make a thread about here or even comment about about what she is doing? Probably not but it's safe to bash a white female for here opions.
                            Everyone who knows anyone remotely associated with the WNT knows Ellis treats certain players of a certain proclivity different than others and those individuals have a decided advantage over the others and Ellis sticks with them far longer. Rapinoe is Exhibit A.

Comment

It is fine to have opinions. It is fine to stand up for things in life. Where I have a problem is using that stage for your own selfish reasons and not putting team and soccer above everything else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X