Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team manager compensation

Interested in any comments regarding parents compensating a parent team manager at the completion of a season. We personally gave a little something to our player's manager. We were led to believe that it may be common for clubs to compensate managers very little if at all throughout a season, although we find that hard to believe. Not sure if it's common that all parents get together for a little trinket or if most handle this individually.

I know our club gives a discount to the team managers kids. Also we do typically get a gift for the team manager at the end of the season.

Comment

my understanding is that on SOME occasions players are given a discount if the parent takes on team manager role, which means that on MOST occasions they are not compensated.

Irregardless (love that non-word, Mass flavor) a request for a collection (e.g. $20) is pretty common. It is not compensation, it's appreciation. Low key no obligation request sent as reply all minus team manager with a link to paypal/venmo and an offer to collect on sidelines this weekend is usual. Gift is then presented from All Parents

Comment

We've never contributed to any type of team manager. We are actually helping out this year and don't expect anything either. We did not get a discount on any club fees

Comment

I've managed before. Several families kindly gave me some gift cards but nothing organized. I didn't expect anything. I did get 50% off tuition but did it because no one else would. It's a thankless job really.

Comment

I've managed for several years at 2 different clubs - never received anything at the end of season but did receive a tuition discount.

Comment

Some managers are thief. They collect some $$ for coach and team expenses and never provide what is spent or left over. They pocket some but the're never short though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Some managers are thief. They collect some $$ for coach and team expenses and never provide what is spent or left over. They pocket some but the're never short though.
                This seems to be a unique situation. I've been in club soccer for about 7 years...some TM's don't do much and others were awesome. My kid played for a big club at boys u16 ECNL...TM was great.

Comment

So why don't you do it?

Comment

So why don't you do it?
                    Because I am not thief and you do it.

Comment

Son has aged out of youth soccer, but I did the Team Parent Manager thing for 5 or 6 years. Got a percentage off his tuition when he was playing year round, did some additional things for the club when he was just playing men's league, and had his tuition comped.

Lots of logistical details to coordinate, (scheduling, tournaments, hotel stays, etc)

Never collected any funds, everything was paid directly to the club for tournaments, etc.

Comment

Son has aged out of youth soccer, but I did the Team Parent Manager thing for 5 or 6 years. Got a percentage off his tuition when he was playing year round, did some additional things for the club when he was just playing men's league, and had his tuition comped.

Lots of logistical details to coordinate, (scheduling, tournaments, hotel stays, etc)

Never collected any funds, everything was paid directly to the club for tournaments, etc.
                        A team manager should be complimented for taking on the task of coordinating meals, hotel stays, travel at times (for kids that don't have parents traveling with them), game day items such as brochures, drinks on the sidelines for the kids, etc. If they get a tuition discount, it's deserved. Plus the parents giving a thank you gift at the end of the year can be warranted as well. Thank your team managers. They are doing the leg work so you don't have to.

Comment

A team manager should be complimented for taking on the task of coordinating meals, hotel stays, travel at times (for kids that don't have parents traveling with them), game day items such as brochures, drinks on the sidelines for the kids, etc. If they get a tuition discount, it's deserved. Plus the parents giving a thank you gift at the end of the year can be warranted as well. Thank your team managers. They are doing the leg work so you don't have to.
                          I think there are different responsibilities for team managers based on the team/league. As someone who is a manager:

-We don't coordinate meals officially (we did one, but that was our own initiative)
                          -Hotel stays the team cared for
                          -Travel is up to the family, but for official travel the team cared for
                          -Brochures?
                          -Drinks the team care for, but honestly every kid should show up with a water bottle

Not expecting anything to come my way for the little bit of help we've been asked to provide

Comment

I think there are different responsibilities for team managers based on the team/league. As someone who is a manager:

-We don't coordinate meals officially (we did one, but that was our own initiative)
                            -Hotel stays the team cared for
                            -Travel is up to the family, but for official travel the team cared for
                            -Brochures?
                            -Drinks the team care for, but honestly every kid should show up with a water bottle

Not expecting anything to come my way for the little bit of help we've been asked to provide

Clearly you aren’t in recruiting years of a top team. Brochures are huge part of it.

Team Manager for our HS age team handles:

All paperwork collection and roster registration/pass cards for start of season
                            All tournament registration and paperwork
                            Most hotel room blocking and coordination
                            Coordinates, prints and hands out team recruiting brochures to college coaches at showcases
                            Makes sure coach has rosters and cards for league games and reports scores after home games and some tournaments
                            Coordinates extras like team video packages, photos at tournaments
                            All Team Snap activities including contact info, scheduling, and any emails, as well as real time score updates of all games
                            Team Fee collection and coach reimbursement tracking and distribution
                            Facilitate coach to team information/updates
                            And often coordinates optional team dinners at tournaments and at end of season

And all that for a uniform credit! Yes I think an end of gift to your team manager would be very appreciated.

Comment

Clearly you aren’t in recruiting years of a top team. Brochures are huge part of it.

Team Manager for our HS age team handles:

All paperwork collection and roster registration/pass cards for start of season
                              All tournament registration and paperwork
                              Most hotel room blocking and coordination
                              Coordinates, prints and hands out team recruiting brochures to college coaches at showcases
                              Makes sure coach has rosters and cards for league games and reports scores after home games and some tournaments
                              Coordinates extras like team video packages, photos at tournaments
                              All Team Snap activities including contact info, scheduling, and any emails, as well as real time score updates of all games
                              Team Fee collection and coach reimbursement tracking and distribution
                              Facilitate coach to team information/updates
                              And often coordinates optional team dinners at tournaments and at end of season

And all that for a uniform credit! Yes I think an end of gift to your team manager would be very appreciated.
                              Sounds like your coach is a slacker. everything you mentioned here the coach does or is, frankly, unnecessary.

If your club fluffs off the coaches work to a civilian than, yes, I would expect some compensation. And, I'd find a new club....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X