Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roster posting required?

Just curious if the posting of rosters is a requirement for any team with a history. We understand that a newly formed team may be able to skirt this "requirement". However, is it required of any team with a year or more history to post rosters? We thought it odd that our players opponent this past weekend did not post any roster online & the team had played last fall & this spring including past tournaments. ("rosters not available for this team"). There were some BIG players on this team!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just curious if the posting of rosters is a requirement for any team with a history. We understand that a newly formed team may be able to skirt this "requirement". However, is it required of any team with a year or more history to post rosters? We thought it odd that our players opponent this past weekend did not post any roster online & the team had played last fall & this spring including past tournaments. ("rosters not available for this team"). There were some BIG players on this team!
    Posted where?

I rarely see rosters for non-ECNL or DA teams. And, those are only on the league sites.

Comment

This question is about Gotsoccer without referring to it by name, correct?

Comment

I don't believe that there is any requirement for teams to post their roster online on Got Soccer... the tournament is responsible for deciding whether to check player pass cards or not. I'm guessing that if your coach was concerned about "big" players, he/she would have asked the referee to card. Also, if you're asking this question, you probably have a kid below u13... there can be a huge difference in size for kids at those younger age groups.

Comment

I don't believe that there is any requirement for teams to post their roster online on Got Soccer... the tournament is responsible for deciding whether to check player pass cards or not. I'm guessing that if your coach was concerned about "big" players, he/she would have asked the referee to card. Also, if you're asking this question, you probably have a kid below u13... there can be a huge difference in size for kids at those younger age groups.
          Here's the problem with tournaments - team are usually checked in before games start and that's the last time they're checked. Teams can bring in other players to cheat if they want. We had this happen once at a few years back at a tourney. We knew only because four of the opponents players walked over from one field to the next, right in front of us. Some tourneys allow dual rostering but many do not. This one did not but the ref said there was nothing he could do. At league games at least each player's card is checked on site for each game.

Comment

Got soccer rosters should be treated wit a healthy does of skepticism. It's up to clubs to keep them up to date, so needless to say they often aren't accurate.

Comment

Here's the problem with tournaments - team are usually checked in before games start and that's the last time they're checked. Teams can bring in other players to cheat if they want. We had this happen once at a few years back at a tourney. We knew only because four of the opponents players walked over from one field to the next, right in front of us. Some tourneys allow dual rostering but many do not. This one did not but the ref said there was nothing he could do. At league games at least each player's card is checked on site for each game.
              So, this is funny. People want all these roster rules in place and better refs and facilities and training and what have you. Then, in the next breath, they will bitch about the costs of some leagues who have clear roster rules that are followed, good refs, good facilities and training.

Basically, you get what you pay for quite often.

Comment

This question is about Gotsoccer without referring to it by name, correct?
                Op here, we have noticed rosters posted on got soccer for our player's club/teams & most of opponents. We also noticed exceptions to postings for teams with no past history, most age groups 08 & up. We are curious about "no roster available for this team" when these teams are established with a previous history. I'm not splitting hairs regarding guest players. I'm wondering if there is a requirement for rosters to be listed, what stops these clubs from just playing anyone throughout the year if there is no roster posted? Do club coaches have their own private access to rosters, something other than got soccer?

Comment

My son is available to any team willing to pay.

We have documentation for any age group from U9 - U15. He’s a U18.

Call 617-867-5309

Comment

Op here, we have noticed rosters posted on got soccer for our player's club/teams & most of opponents. We also noticed exceptions to postings for teams with no past history, most age groups 08 & up. We are curious about "no roster available for this team" when these teams are established with a previous history. I'm not splitting hairs regarding guest players. I'm wondering if there is a requirement for rosters to be listed, what stops these clubs from just playing anyone throughout the year if there is no roster posted? Do club coaches have their own private access to rosters, something other than got soccer?
                    Pay no attention to GS, especially rosters.

Pay attention to the roster rules for a given league or event.

Players can play on multiple teams in many situations. Does it matter? If your opponent is bringing in what you see as ringers and it costs your child a result, does it matter? I'm certain I can't be convinced that it does.

Comment

Depending on the league, there are governing bodies where the roster is kept, along with copies of birth certificates, eg US Soccer. Got soccer is just a website that tracks teams and is used by some tournaments. Nothing more.

Comment

There is no requirement, and especially not on GotSoccer. GotSoccer is meaningless so posting anything there is a waste of time.

I've seen rosters that are years old. Heck, my kid's team last year had a roster still listed from when they were 7v7. It was a U13 team.

Al players have player cards and they should be on hand if they are asked.

Comment

GotSoccer has nothing to do with official rosters. The league is responsible for that.

Comment

GotSoccer has nothing to do with official rosters. The league is responsible for that.
                            Correct.

US Club (currently) uses the KYCK system for official rosters and pass cards. Got soccer is simply a database used for registration purposes for league and tournaments by most clubs. The team can choose to publish or not publish their rosters, or even update it. Game history will only appear if that team as registered under that name has played in any Got Soccer registered leagues or tournaments (which is why ECNL and DA teams rarely even have a game history let alone a ranking.

Comment

There is no requirement, and especially not on GotSoccer. GotSoccer is meaningless so posting anything there is a waste of time.

I've seen rosters that are years old. Heck, my kid's team last year had a roster still listed from when they were 7v7. It was a U13 team.

Al players have player cards and they should be on hand if they are asked.
                              This. A team at our club still lists players on it from before the birth year change, so half of them are playing in a different age group now. If I do see a team that actually has rosters listed, and their pictures look to be the correct age group, I'm surprised, as it's been few and far between with the teams we've played ( most don't list any players at all). DA rosters are always current on the ussoccerda website, but are never in Got Soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X