Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negdl

Oh good! A new acronym for the alphabet soup and 11 year olds get to travel hundreds of miles to play soccer!

Eight Development Academy clubs form Northeast Girls Development League

CHARLESTON, S.C. (April 11, 2019) – Eight U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs in the northeast region are creating the Northeast Girls Development League. Kicking off this fall, the Northeast Girls Development League will provide a competitive 10-month-long league for 12-U and 13-U girls Development Academy teams to develop their abilities at an elite level.

The inaugural season of the Northeast Girls Development League is comprised of the following clubs:

FC Albertson Fury (N.Y.)
    FC Fury (N.Y.)
    NEFC (Mass.)
    New York Soccer Club (N.Y.)
    Oakwood SC (Conn.)
    Seacoast United (N.H.)
    South Shore Select (Mass.)
    STA (N.J.)

The Northeast Girls Developmental League, sanctioned and supported by US Club Soccer, maintains Development Academy standards and competition level, while also upholding US Club Soccer’s Players First philosophy.

Quotes from Northeast Girls Development League founding member club directors:

Paul Riley, FC Albertson & FC Fury: "This a huge step in the development process of our younger players. A club’s culture is important, and finding common ground among different clubs to build collective strength is massive. A competitive environment is a must for any player and program. We are proud to launch this endeavor with such a great group of clubs

Comment

I hate this so much. I'm not traveling to NY every other weekend for my 12 year old to play soccer. The clubs just keep getting more insane. It's soccer. They're 11 and 12. Unnecessary at best, and ridiculous at worst.

Am I the crazy one? Are there parents out there that actually want this?

Just more watered down teams and leagues. Good for no one.

Comment

Run away. Far, far away from this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Eight Development Academy clubs form Northeast Girls Development League

CHARLESTON, S.C. (April 11, 2019) – Eight U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs in the northeast region are creating the Northeast Girls Development League. Kicking off this fall, the Northeast Girls Development League will provide a competitive 10-month-long league for 12-U and 13-U girls Development Academy teams to develop their abilities at an elite level.

The inaugural season of the Northeast Girls Development League is comprised of the following clubs:

FC Albertson Fury (N.Y.)
          FC Fury (N.Y.)
          NEFC (Mass.)
          New York Soccer Club (N.Y.)
          Oakwood SC (Conn.)
          Seacoast United (N.H.)
          South Shore Select (Mass.)
          STA (N.J.)

The Northeast Girls Developmental League, sanctioned and supported by US Club Soccer, maintains Development Academy standards and competition level, while also upholding US Club Soccer’s Players First philosophy.

Quotes from Northeast Girls Development League founding member club directors:

Paul Riley, FC Albertson & FC Fury: "This a huge step in the development process of our younger players. A club’s culture is important, and finding common ground among different clubs to build collective strength is massive. A competitive environment is a must for any player and program. We are proud to launch this endeavor with such a great group of clubs
          NEFC .... all in!

Comment

It’s pre DA, I can see the U13’s as they are 11v11 and it’s consistent with what ECNL does, but U 11’s playing 9v9???

NE NPL will be very watered down next year.

Comment

This is just what happens when parents chase the patch and demand even more “elite” leagues for the super stars.

Comment

This is just what happens when parents chase the patch and demand even more “elite” leagues for the super stars.
                And no different than ECNL expanding to younger ages too. Demand is there. Just watch family line up to be on these teams.

Comment

I hate this so much. I'm not traveling to NY every other weekend for my 12 year old to play soccer. The clubs just keep getting more insane. It's soccer. They're 11 and 12. Unnecessary at best, and ridiculous at worst.

Am I the crazy one? Are there parents out there that actually want this?

Just more watered down teams and leagues. Good for no one.
                  Simple solution = Just say No

Comment

Simple solution = Just say No
                    I will. Without a doubt. But surely you can understand the disappointment my daughter will feel, and I on her behalf, that the team she's been playing with will no longer exist. Talking to parents, only about 6 are interested in it. Still, if those 6 go, their spots will be filled with B team players and our team will not be able to compete in the top level NEP any longer.

It's not always parents demanding more elite leagues. Sometimes it's clubs forcing them down our throats and parents being left to decide between these stupid leagues or glorified rec teams with little development.

Comment

It’s pre DA, I can see the U13’s as they are 11v11 and it’s consistent with what ECNL does, but U 11’s playing 9v9???

NE NPL will be very watered down next year.
                      NE NPL is renamed to ECNl regional league.

Comment

The current soccer buzz words/terms.

“Like minded clubs”
                        “Meaningful competition”

Like minded clubs that will spend countless hours on the road. Each one will probably drive past at least a dozen equally, and in some cases more, suitable opponents that could provide them with the meaningful competition they desire.

The reality? Like minded clubs and common goals essentially means a club based model that suits the club and its coaches with regards to travel and expense more than it suits its families. It also puts them into a closed bubble model where they can avoid non DA teams and continue to pat themselves on the back.

Suits the clubs for sure. But what about the people they’re actually meant to be in this for? What about the kids?

Comment

One of these days consumers will revolt against this insanity. It's happened before and it will again. Diluted travel leagues, especially that these ages, are just dumb.

If you want DA or ECNL, you can easily wait until with the recruiting age backed up now. Those teams are always looking for good players and now they are dime a dozen.

Comment

It's not always parents demanding more elite leagues. Sometimes it's clubs forcing them down our throats and parents being left to decide between these stupid leagues or glorified rec teams with little development.
                            This is exactly the problem. There are no parents out there demanding this setup. It’s all engineered by the clubs then rolled out to the parents. The families are already spending a fortune on club fees, uniform etc and are now having to spend more on travel to these games. It’s ridiculous.

Comment

It’s created for profit, nothing else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X