Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offers from club

When do clubs start offering players spots for the following year? We haven’t heard anything but others have. Thinking that’s not a good sign.

Offers go out to their top picks first, they see who accepts/rejects, then they work their way down the list. If it's a top team then assume most will accept their offers. So yes I'd keep looking. The other thing is if your child was the last spot on the roster it's not a good sign for future playing time. Find a team that's a good fit for him or her with good coaching and plenty of PT. Good luck - it's a stressful time.

Comment

Not a good sign. Most of the kids on my d’s team know where they stand. Start looking.

Comment

Feel free to look but it's not always a terrible sign. My kid got one of the very last offers on her team - after the first couple games she starts and plays the whole game and the team is probably the best in the state and #1 or 2 in their region.

Sometimes coaches are looking for something specific, honestly, you just never know what's going through their heads until they make an offer.

Comment

Definitely depends on the club. Some are offering now to keep players some wait for a good chunk of kids until end of May.

Comment

A little early for offers considering the spring season just began, no???

Comment

At what ages would you expect an offer early in the season? I have a D who will be a U13 in the fall. Will be the first year there is a true "top team" at her age group. We'd hoped she'd be in the running but haven't heard anything.

Comment

U13 is when top players start to gather on top teams. Our experience has been that the top players at U13 comprise ~75% of the top players for u16/u17. Some fall off, a few rise up.
                My experience also tells me that things change, and players inevitably shuffle.

Don't stress too much at this point. Clubs are likely securing the "Anchor" players right now, and many clubs do indeed ask current players to attend tryouts

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  A little early for offers considering the spring season just began, no???
                  It really can vary by club and even by team. Top team rosters tend to get locked in earlier. All you should worry about is if players on your kid's team have offers and your kid doesn't. That warrants an immediate discussion with the coach. If they're borderline you should start making phone calls, like last month

Comment

Most of the high level kids get phone calls right away.

Comment

At what ages would you expect an offer early in the season? I have a D who will be a U13 in the fall. Will be the first year there is a true "top team" at her age group. We'd hoped she'd be in the running but haven't heard anything.
                      I have a u13. Ive been contacted by two clubs regarding the fall season. It’s srarting sooner than I expected, we aren’t committing to anything this early though. I’d hold tight and keep options open

Comment

I have a u13. Ive been contacted by two clubs regarding the fall season. It’s srarting sooner than I expected, we aren’t committing to anything this early though. I’d hold tight and keep options open
                        Are you saying that your u13 is so good that coaches are scouting her for fall?

Comment

Are you saying that your u13 is so good that coaches are scouting her for fall?
                          I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying she’s been asked to play on the top team in the fall for two different clubs. If the coaches thinks she’s good then that’s their opinion. I’m just the taxi and bank. I’d be shocked if this is unique, assuming most clubs are collecting players early

Comment

She must be quite the stud if coaches are scouting a 12 year old. I though coaches weren’t allowed to scout players from outside their club?

Comment

She must be quite the stud if coaches are scouting a 12 year old. I though coaches weren’t allowed to scout players from outside their club?
                              You live under a rock (clueless) or a bridge (troll)?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X