Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the game...looking for sound advice

I was surfing the web and I stumbled on this site. I have two daughters aged eight and six. They are very athletic and excel at almost every sport they play. Many of their playmates play soccer so they want to give it a try. Can you tell me the best route so they can someday get a scholarship or even play in the Olympics...that would be their dream come true. Are they better off with the local town team so they can be with their friends or should they join one of the big dog clubs? If they go with a club which ones would be the best to get them on the path to the promised land.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was surfing the web and I stumbled on this site. I have two daughters aged eight and six. They are very athletic and excel at almost every sport they play. Many of their playmates play soccer so they want to give it a try. Can you tell me the best route so they can someday get a scholarship or even play in the Olympics...that would be their dream come true. Are they better off with the local town team so they can be with their friends or should they join one of the big dog clubs? If they go with a club which ones would be the best to get them on the path to the promised land.
    You have two options:

1) Quit your job and move your family to Europe so they can learn real soccer.

2) If you have a few million $ laying around, just bribe your way into Stanford and the USWNT.

Good luck, troll!

Comment

^^#1 above. The Arsenal boys academy is accepting exceptional girl players. That would be your best path at this point.

Comment

This is BS, almost identical post back in December I think. Can't remember for sure the month, but I do remember the post.

Probably another BTDT pot-stir.....

Comment

To the OP...you have come to the right place. Mass has myriad options although the landscape has changed and evolved through the years. Your best bet nowadays is south shore select or NEFC. Most clubs will let you attend a few practices and maybe even guest in a tournament. This will help you find the right fit/path.

Comment

For fuk sake. Don't feed the resident troll. Let this thread die.

Comment

To the OP...you have come to the right place. Mass has myriad options although the landscape has changed and evolved through the years. Your best bet nowadays is south shore select or NEFC. Most clubs will let you attend a few practices and maybe even guest in a tournament. This will help you find the right fit/path.
              Where in Mass? I know there are a few clubs that are looking for some athletic six-year olds.

Comment

This is really good advice!

Comment

Mine used to excel at age 8 too.

Comment

Back on Dec 14th, that was easy.....

Thats how you now this is BS...Excel at 8 and 6 ...REALLY ???

Anyway this was the December post I found...

TROLL ALERT !!!

this looks like a good place to start

Hi everyone! Newbie to this site. I happened to stumble upon it as I was searching for a club for my daughters when we move here from the left coast after the holidays. This kind of forum seems like the ideal place to find people who can point us in the right direction. We will be relocating to central Mass and Im looking for the ideal club that can fill our needs. My oldest is 13 and her younger sister is 10. What club will give us the best training, coaching, competition and the best chance for a scholarship or maybe a spot of the National or Olympic team? Would also like to find a place where the girls all get along, there is no jealousy and they become lifelong friends. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thats how you now this is BS...Excel at 8 and 6 ...REALLY ???

Anyway this was the December post I found...

TROLL ALERT !!!

this looks like a good place to start

Hi everyone! Newbie to this site. I happened to stumble upon it as I was searching for a club for my daughters when we move here from the left coast after the holidays. This kind of forum seems like the ideal place to find people who can point us in the right direction. We will be relocating to central Mass and Im looking for the ideal club that can fill our needs. My oldest is 13 and her younger sister is 10. What club will give us the best training, coaching, competition and the best chance for a scholarship or maybe a spot of the National or Olympic team? Would also like to find a place where the girls all get along, there is no jealousy and they become lifelong friends. Thanks in advance.
                      Very similar but the ages are different and these people already live in Mass. Proves it can't be the same poster.

Comment

Very similar but the ages are different and these people already live in Mass. Proves it can't be the same poster.
                        Nope, disagree. Too similar and the age is the best bait. Of course you would change them and who says their 6 and 8 year old's excel.

I smell the pompous droppings of a historic TS troll

DON"T FEED THE TROLL

Comment

Nope, disagree. Too similar and the age is the best bait. Of course you would change them and who says their 6 and 8 year old's excel.

I smell the pompous droppings of a historic TS troll

DON"T FEED THE TROLL
                          You might just be right. What does everyone think?

Comment

You have two options:

1) Quit your job and move your family to Europe so they can learn real soccer.

2) If you have a few million $ laying around, just bribe your way into Stanford and the USWNT.

Good luck, troll!
                            No for #1 ... you can move to washington state now and stay in the US. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/2991861002/

Comment

Mine used to excel at age 8 too.
                              My 15 year old dominates U8's too .... love to watch him kill those little girls! It's like Shaq-diesel rejecting 10 year old rec players all day long! He is so awesome and it never gets old!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X