Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast GDA

Any parents out there that have daughters involved with Seacoast GDA. What is your impression of the program? Are they able to attract talent ? Didn't GC recently go there from Aztec?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any parents out there that have daughters involved with Seacoast GDA. What is your impression of the program? Are they able to attract talent ? Didn't GC recently go there from Aztec?
    Totally, lots of canadians and many moved from SoCal to partake in this wonderful club.

Comment

We are very happy with the club in it's early stages. The training is very good and much improved from what we had previously.

Keep in mind it's a year in so we are taking it year by year. Plan to get through a year and re-evaluate, as we do every year.

For them to be successful and sustainable, they have to integrate onto the north shore. So, talent is a bit thin I think at it's start

Queue the haters' posts now....

Comment

Not enough licensed coaches and lacking talent. I hope you like the same passing drills all season long.

Comment

Not enough licensed coaches and lacking talent. I hope you like the same passing drills all season long.

I see on their website the girls coaches are all licensed? Doesn't the club follow USSoccer training?

Comment

I see on their website the girls coaches are all licensed? Doesn't the club follow USSoccer training?
            Some have MA drivers licenses but most are NH. Other than that, licensure umipmressive.

Comment

Some have MA drivers licenses but most are NH. Other than that, licensure umipmressive.
              Bottom line... do they win? do they have talent?

Comment

Not often and not much compared to clubs in larger, urban areas. Actually with GDA downsizing and skilled players running for the hill they may have a decent year next year, but it really is not saying much. Personally, for the cost, I do not think it is a great value. If you live north of Epping though, you have no better choices unless you are willing to drive far.

Comment

Winning in DA is secondary. That being said they look to be "OK". Historically they've been decent, mid-level in their age groups. Some impressive wins and some awful losses. I followed the '04 team due to a common acquaintance last year and they had a great run to the NPL finals. I think it's basically the same team, not sure how well it translates into a bigger environment though

Talent is subjective to the individual. As mentioned above and below, northeast of I93 is a bit of a wasteland so there is an opportunity to grow if it sticks.

Comment

What you should care about is whether or not the club is the right fit for YOUR kid, not wins and losses. Does your kid want to move up? Why? Are they skilled enough? Are they willing to give up HS? Can you afford it? Will it work with your family's schedule?

That said, if you're looking for a winning club you're looking in the wrong place. Boys and girls teams generally in the bottom third, unimpressive college commits, a ton of travel (and even more from NH) and cost.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X