Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kraft chairs Americas bids for 2026

Interesting for a man who cares little about his team. El Cheapo!!!!!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soc...ame=sportsNews

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Plenty of money to be made through FIFA

Comment

Plenty of money to be made through FIFA
      Maybe Kraft wants in on the action - they just arrested the vice president the other day on corruption charges

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ption-charges/

Would be better have people in charge who actually cared about SOCCER, not lining their pockets, legally or illegally

Comment

Love and appreciate what Kraft has given us through the Patriots but he doesn't belong 100 miles near anything to do with soccer. He has earned no respect in the game.

Comment

Unfortunately this was a financial decision not a soccer decision.

Comment

Unfortunately this was a financial decision not a soccer decision.
            Everything Kraft does is a financial decision.

Comment

Everything Kraft does is a financial decision.
              And he has "decided" he will not be "financing" soccer beyond the bare minimum needed to keep it on life support, DA and MLS

Comment

Sunil Gulati used to work for Kraft ... coincidence? Me thinks, not

Comment

And he has "decided" he will not be "financing" soccer beyond the bare minimum needed to keep it on life support, DA and MLS
                  Cheap, disinterested fVcker.

Comment

Cheap, disinterested fVcker.
                    And not close to the image he tries to portray on tv

Comment

Not a Pats fan, and while I do wish he'd show his red-headed stepchild a little love, I won't disagree that Kraft is a good man for this job.

He knows his way around the political game. He knows how to make money. The last thing we need is for this venture to fail. Too many host Olympic cities and WC countries are in deep debt after. He won't let that happen.

I wish he were a fan of the game, but from a organization perspective, he's a good choice.

Comment

There are many things about Krafty that I cannot stand, particularly regarding his stewardship of the Revolution. I am a firm believer that when Brady and Belicheck go bye-bye, the Patriots nation and wider sports fan population in the region will discover what soccer fans already know about the Krafts (unless he manages to stumble into another all-time great QB/coach combo again). However, I look at this as great news because it pretty much guarantees that if the Unified Bid is successful, the World Cup will be back in Massachusetts at the very least for group stage and possibly/probably early round knockout games, perhaps as far as the quarterfinals. The Italy-Spain game at Foxboro Stadium remains one of the most incredible spectator sporting events I've ever witnessed. If and when the World Cup comes back to North America I will be going, and I'm happy to have that closer to my backyard.

Comment

I agree he isn't all that the media makes him out to be. But he is a high visibility selection and eill look out for Boston and the US so that's a good thing. Hopefully FIFA will stop giving it to corrupt dictatorships...oh wait, we may qualify there soon enough :)

Comment

Even saying that about this great man is an insult to the memory of his darling Myra. He's not over that loss yet. (Cue alligator tears and cut to image of silly old man in sneakers chasing gold digging aspiring "actress".)

Comment

A rich guy that's had one too many drinks?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X