• Show
Clear All

Stfu

Hopefully coming soon to Massachusetts.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/health...rnd/index.html

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hopefully coming soon to Massachusetts.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/health...rnd/index.html
    Soccer Refs are the most rabbit-eared snowflakes. Just look at the STFU.....tough talk from a guy who requires complete silence to ref a game.

Comment

Soccer Refs are the most rabbit-eared snowflakes. Just look at the STFU.....tough talk from a guy who requires complete silence to ref a game.
      Agreed Basketball and baseball refs/umps have it much worse and take it more in stride

The major difference is most parents still don't understand soccer rules. If the kid falls down they want a foul

Comment

Completely disagree with you. It's the parents who are the snowflakes who can't handle anything, which is why they're screaming all the time. We've all gone insane. Man up.

Comment

Agreed Basketball and baseball refs/umps have it much worse and take it more in stride

The major difference is most parents still don't understand soccer rules. If the kid falls down they want a foul
          Agreed. Way more opportunities for calls in those other two sports. But, also agree that 90% of soccer parents never played the game, so they have no idea what is going on.

I'm no ref defender, but they get way, way more right than wrong.

Comment

Agreed. Way more opportunities for calls in those other two sports. But, also agree that 90% of soccer parents never played the game, so they have no idea what is going on.

Totally agree. Also refs in other sports are more likely to be adults and are better able to handle other idiot adults - probably because there are more former football, basketball and baseball players out there to be referees. Soccer relies too much on youth refs.

Comment

Totally agree. Also refs in other sports are more likely to be adults and are better able to handle other idiot adults - probably because there are more former football, basketball and baseball players out there to be referees. Soccer relies too much on youth refs.
              I find the older soccer refs to be the most rabbit eared

Comment

The best refs regardless of age are the ones who communicate with coaches and players during the games as to what they are looking for and why they made a certain call. Pompous refs bring on a lot of their own troubles.

Comment

The best refs regardless of age are the ones who communicate with coaches and players during the games as to what they are looking for and why they made a certain call. Pompous refs bring on a lot of their own troubles.
                  What about the parents?

Comment

Very, very true ...

Comment

I would also say that 90% of refs have never played the game. The standard is getting lower and lower and it's an embarrassment watching some of them walk around the field and make bad call after bad call. The best refs are usually at the best tournaments like ECNL or NPL finals. The local tournaments are a complete crapshoot. I wouldn't mind but they are getting paid a decent amount of money to get some exercise. You'd think they'd be fitter.

Comment

What about the parents?
                        There are more bad parents than there are pompous refs.

Comment

I would also say that 90% of refs have never played the game. The standard is getting lower and lower and it's an embarrassment watching some of them walk around the field and make bad call after bad call. The best refs are usually at the best tournaments like ECNL or NPL finals. The local tournaments are a complete crapshoot. I wouldn't mind but they are getting paid a decent amount of money to get some exercise. You'd think they'd be fitter.
                          What do you think they get paid?

Comment

What made up statistic is that? Absurd statement. Who wants to ref a sport you didn't enjoy yourself at one point?

As for tourneys that's because there aren't enough refs to fill demand. That's partly driven by low pay at local events. Also, most kids starting out have to ref lower level soccer that doesn't pay much. Adult refs don't want those low level gigs, they want the higher paying ones. Couple that with crazy parents and coaches it's not wonder there's a high drop out rate. How about you taking a class and running yourself up the sidelines?

Comment

Ha! Jack@ss!
                              What was your level of play? My kid refs and can't believe the ignorance of parents like you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X