Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Soccer Camp Recommendations?

My U13 D is begging to go to a few residential camps this summer and as parents we'd like her to stay within New England.

It seems that for as many paths there are for soccer development in-season, there appear to be triple that for summer offerings.

What have people used and liked? If it helps, our D is obsessive about soccer in a way that neither parent understands, but we're trying to be supportive. So, I guess we're hoping for a magic mix of fun and challenge. She is a GK if that makes a difference.

My 13 year old D is doing the UNH camp in July. She hasn't done it before but have heard good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My 13 year old D is doing the UNH camp in July. She hasn't done it before but have heard good things.
      Holy Cross camp with head coach Marco Koolman is excellent.

Comment

Doesn't Soccer Plus have some good GK camps? Tony D (May he RIP) has them in Connecticut.

Comment

For a keeper I would suggest a basketball camp. This is not a joke. This is not a snarky comment. It will increase her fitness and she will use similar muscle groups but in different ways.

Comment

Valeo Ironman

Whether you like Valeo or not the training and fitness are excellent

Comment

Goal keeper- Soccer Plus camps... This was my daughters favorite camp of all time( she went 4 years in a row until graduation) and definitely made her a better keeper.

They have many locations but we went to the Mount Hermon location in western MA. Great location and great food according to her.

They also have very good field player camps same camps different groups.

Comment

For a keeper I would suggest a basketball camp. This is not a joke. This is not a snarky comment. It will increase her fitness and she will use similar muscle groups but in different ways.
                I also agree. Bball players make good gks.

Comment

http://www.no1soccercamps.com/no1-goalkeeper-camp/

A bunch of NE options.

Comment

Thank you

We hadn't thought about basketball, but that idea as a camp was shot down by the kid. I am going to revisit the idea of playing a little basketball later in the summer as a day thing.

I'm very thankful for the links and will show them to the kiddo tonight. Hopefully there is room!

Comment

My U13 D is begging to go to a few residential camps this summer and as parents we'd like her to stay within New England.

It seems that for as many paths there are for soccer development in-season, there appear to be triple that for summer offerings.

What have people used and liked? If it helps, our D is obsessive about soccer in a way that neither parent understands, but we're trying to be supportive. So, I guess we're hoping for a magic mix of fun and challenge. She is a GK if that makes a difference.
                      What club are you with now?

Comment

I've been lurking long enough to know mentioning a club is akin to standing in front of a firing squad ;) Or it will cause a war of the clubs to start here :)

Plus, I wanted to see what everyone's kids honestly liked which is as important to me as the soccer. And the basketball idea was great. Fall season will be here before I know it and it's back to her regular coaches.

Comment

My son loves the Amaral Camp at Westfield State, in Western Mass. Great professional training, great food, and allot of fun. They have a specific goal keeper program, but he is a field player, so has never tried that.

Comment

My son loves the Amaral Camp at Westfield State, in Western Mass. Great professional training, great food, and allot of fun. They have a specific goal keeper program, but he is a field player, so has never tried that.
                            That camp is a joke. Bad staff and coaching

Comment

That camp is a joke. Bad staff and coaching
                              Every year my son has gone, which is 3 now, they have had some former professional players and coaches as staff. Always have been impressed and amazed by how good this camp is. Doubt you will find any better in New England. Although that is from a field players perspective.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X