Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nep/nec

How does promotion/relegation work for each group?

It's engineered by the clubs. Teams that are winning in the lower divisions ask to be moved up the next season. Teams which are getting crushed, or go into the next season knowing they lost key players, ask to be moved down. It's not automatic like the EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It's engineered by the clubs. Teams that are winning in the lower divisions ask to be moved up the next season. Teams which are getting crushed, or go into the next season knowing they lost key players, ask to be moved down. It's not automatic like the EPL.
      Thank you.
      How does it work for new teams?
      e.g. u-11's or clubs that have huge tryout numbers and will be adding additional teams?

Comment

Thank you.
        How does it work for new teams?
        e.g. u-11's or clubs that have huge tryout numbers and will be adding additional teams?
        Again, I think it's all up to the clubs. I would hope coaches are looking to challenge their teams and not place them too low. That's how you get better. I think NSL (old Maple) uses relegation depending on the record.

Comment

Again, I think it's all up to the clubs. I would hope coaches are looking to challenge their teams and not place them too low. That's how you get better. I think NSL (old Maple) uses relegation depending on the record.
          Thanks again.
          What purpose do the rankings on the gotsoccer site serve, if any?

Comment

Thanks again.
            Chest-beating
            Derision
            Fantasy
            Entertainment.

Kinda in that order

Comment

Thanks again.
              For some parents to brag about. Maybe for tourney rankings.

But, no, they mean nothing really.

Comment

NEP is actually a pretty weak league overall- a few good teams. But ECNL and GDA dominate.

Comment

NEP is actually a pretty weak league overall- a few good teams. But ECNL and GDA dominate.
                  Ha Ha! Yes, ECNL and GDA is good for the parents who think that their Little Mias and Little Landons will be on the National team someday and will travel across the country to make that dream come true! Good luck to them. :)

Comment

Do you have a link to the GDA domination? I'd like to read more about that.

Comment

Thanks again.
                      We have been in club soccer 2 years and from what I have seen if you have a good team but don't attend a ton of tourneys your gotsoccer points won't be good. It really means nothing.

Comment

GS points are useful for high school age players. This is what gets them in the higher brackets of tournaments and for most this is the only time they'll be seen by college coaches. Points don't mean much before high school....

Comment

GS points are useful for high school age players. This is what gets them in the higher brackets of tournaments and for most this is the only time they'll be seen by college coaches. Points don't mean much before high school....
                          Why does it take so long to get NEP gotsoccer points?

Comment

Why does it take so long to get NEP gotsoccer points?
                            Cause they're total bs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X