Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-12-17 - All things Post Season - Girls

So the Mass Youth State cup (finals Virginia) and Nep state cup (finals Indiana) are now done, Odp took their players south this weekend for Region 1 tourney (Kirk wood PA?) Ecnl (showcase vs Nationals) has drawn all brackets for post season. New England NPL is settled and Northeast to go to finals yet I believe in NY plus any league I left out...

Lifted from Nep Cup thread
    04 - Stars Pre-Ecnl v Breakers NPL (2-1 stars)
    03 - Breakers Ecnl v SSS (4-3 breakers)
    02 - SSS v Breakers Elite (3-2 breakers ns)
    01 - Breakers NPL v SSS (7-2 sss)
    00 - Breakers NPL v GPS NPL (5-3 gps)
    99 - Breakers 98/99 NPL v GPS 99 NPL (4-0 breakers)
    98 - Stars Ecnl 98/99 Comp v Breakers 98/99 Elite (2-0 stars)

Anyone have finals results for Mass youth state cup or care to post other post season standings/brackets for teams going forward? Or I will from Desktop as time allows.

It will be interesting/informative to see how MA clubs/teams are faring in the post season and not just individual club propaganda overload. After this year the landscape as you all like to say is fragmented and reassembled for yet the third reshuffle (Ecnl/NPL ~ 4 years ago / Birth Year last year / DA this one)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the Mass Youth State cup (finals Virginia) and Nep state cup (finals Indiana) are now done, Odp took their players south this weekend for Region 1 tourney (Kirk wood PA?) Ecnl (showcase vs Nationals) has drawn all brackets for post season. New England NPL is settled and Northeast to go to finals yet I believe in NY plus any league I left out...

Lifted from Nep Cup thread
    04 - Stars Pre-Ecnl v Breakers NPL (2-1 stars)
    03 - Breakers Ecnl v SSS (4-3 breakers)
    02 - SSS v Breakers Elite (3-2 breakers ns)
    01 - Breakers NPL v SSS (7-2 sss)
    00 - Breakers NPL v GPS NPL (5-3 gps)
    99 - Breakers 98/99 NPL v GPS 99 NPL (4-0 breakers)
    98 - Stars Ecnl 98/99 Comp v Breakers 98/99 Elite (2-0 stars)

Anyone have finals results for Mass youth state cup or care to post other post season standings/brackets for teams going forward? Or I will from Desktop as time allows.

It will be interesting/informative to see how MA clubs/teams are faring in the post season and not just individual club propaganda overload. After this year the landscape as you all like to say is fragmented and reassembled for yet the third reshuffle (Ecnl/NPL ~ 4 years ago / Birth Year last year / DA this one)
    With so much going on you also have to wonder how many teams going into post-season games still have their same rosters? Even for those staying, many people had summer plans already so it's a scramble to make sure you've got enough/the best rosters.

Comment

With so much going on you also have to wonder how many teams going into post-season games still have their same rosters? Even for those staying, many people had summer plans already so it's a scramble to make sure you've got enough/the best rosters.
      Yep - and for post season where rosters had to be set already or where only 3 players can be added ( US club) from current tryouts it may be a bust for some teams.

Comment

Question: my kids' team is going to Indy (yeah-ish!? we definitely have some roster issues and going wasn't in our summer calendar or budget). Do any college coaches attend? Trying to justify it in my mind as another recruiting opportunity, and we will do at least one college visit while we're out there. But we've never been so I didn't know if anyone went.

thanks

Comment

Question: my kids' team is going to Indy (yeah-ish!? we definitely have some roster issues and going wasn't in our summer calendar or budget). Do any college coaches attend? Trying to justify it in my mind as another recruiting opportunity, and we will do at least one college visit while we're out there. But we've never been so I didn't know if anyone went.

thanks
          LOTS of college coaches, but be sure to have you kid reach out to coaches before the tournament begins.

Comment

Congratulations to the 2017 State Cup Winners

U12 Boys

EURO UNITED

U12 Girls

GALWAY ROVERS

U13 Boys

SOUTHSHORE UNITED BLAZERS

U13 Girls

FC BLAZERS

U14 Boys

GALWAY ROVERS

U14 Girls

FC STARS

U15 Boys

HAMMER FC

U15 Girls

FC STARS

U16 Boys

MUTINY

U16 Girls

FC STARS

U17 Boys

HAMMER FC

U17 Girls

FC STARS

U18 Boys

BOSTON RAMS

U18 Girls

FC STARS

U19 Boys

HAMMER FC

U19 Girls

NOVA PREMIER SC

In addition, U14 Girls New England Rush and U16 Girls Fortis FC will be heading to Region 1 Championships as Wild Cards.

Comment

Also New England NPL winners all heading to Indy for NPL National Championships too. Here are the MA teams representing there:

GU13 - NEFC/Breakers NPL
              GU14 - SSS AP
              GU15 - FC Stars West NPL
              GU17 - GPS NPL

BU13 - WUP NPL
              BU14 - NEFC NPL
              BU15 - GPS NPL
              BU16 - NEFC NPL
              BU17 - NEFC NPL
              BU18 - GPS Black Rock

Comment

LOTS of college coaches, but be sure to have you kid reach out to coaches before the tournament begins.
                Ok great thank you, glad to hear it. We know the drill but there weren't any coaches posted on the website last I looked. It isn't always getting seen when you're not ECNL or DA.

Comment

Also New England NPL winners all heading to Indy for NPL National Championships too. Here are the MA teams representing there:

GU13 - NEFC/Breakers NPL
                  GU14 - SSS AP
                  GU15 - FC Stars West NPL
                  GU17 - GPS NPL

BU13 - WUP NPL
                  BU14 - NEFC NPL
                  BU15 - GPS NPL
                  BU16 - NEFC NPL
                  BU17 - NEFC NPL
                  BU18 - GPS Black Rock
                  Point of correction - BU16 State Cup winner is GPS NPL, not NEFC. GPS defeated NEFC 5-1 in the final yesterday.

Comment

Point of correction - BU16 State Cup winner is GPS NPL, not NEFC. GPS defeated NEFC 5-1 in the final yesterday.
                    I am going to refrain from making a wise ass remark about not reading the post, and just assumed you were in a rush and did not look at it closely ....Those were not State Cup winners, but New England NPL winners going to NPL Championships also in Indy.

Comment

I am going to refrain from making a wise ass remark about not reading the post, and just assumed you were in a rush and did not look at it closely ....Those were not State Cup winners, but New England NPL winners going to NPL Championships also in Indy.
                      my mistake, go ahead and make fun of me. I deserve it

Comment

my mistake, go ahead and make fun of me. I deserve it
                        But who's kidding who? The NPL champions are the real state champions. Teams are much better in those groupings.

Comment

But who's kidding who? The NPL champions are the real state champions. Teams are much better in those groupings.
                          By a mile. Very interesting to see Stars sandbag their way to Nationals. They will go to no ends to try and win some trophies. God knows they can't do it in ECNL or NPL.

Comment

lol let's congratulate NEFC for there national champions playing in the b league. Let's see how they do this year. Stars results at the high levels over the last couple of years is on par with any club in MA.

Comment

Funny cause I got mixed up on what you were talking about. I thought you were writing about the State Cup http://www.nepstatecups.com/

Looking at those games and standings, BU16 was won by GPS NPL

Gets confusing with the different groupings and names and I got confused myself. can't keep track of the different levels or games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X