Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving up to NPL, ECNL, DAP

Switched clubs for next year (U13) and was offered a spot on large area elite team. How possible is it to move up in a club once teams are set? As in, can players really improve enough to be considered the following year or once U13 NPL and ECNL teams are set they are set as the kids age?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Switched clubs for next year (U13) and was offered a spot on large area elite team. How possible is it to move up in a club once teams are set? As in, can players really improve enough to be considered the following year or once U13 NPL and ECNL teams are set they are set as the kids age?
    Varies by club. Some hardly ever any movement, others move more often based of performance and hard work. Needless to say everyone is thrilled to move up and very displeased about moving down. That's why many clubs don't move players - parent wrath isn't worth it.

Oh and club will promise movement but the only way to know is ask someone there with older kids, or dive in and find out once you're there

Comment

I know kids who've moved from a top regional NEP team, to the NPL at U16, and now the DA at U17. Not the norm, but it happens.

Comment

moving up

Kids can definitely move up. It will depend on the coach and how much potential he sees in your child. They have a lot of influence with the other coaches. We have had multiple players move up to DA ECNL and NPL. 3 were not at the club last year.

Comment

There is only on club that brands their kids at 11 and won't move your kid up no matter what. I don't want to put the op off so will only offer a hint on name. It begins with the same letter that it ends in. Not that long either.

Comment

There is only on club that brands their kids at 11 and won't move your kid up no matter what. I don't want to put the op off so will only offer a hint on name. It begins with the same letter that it ends in. Not that long either.
            I have seen kids move between levels this year within the same birth year at this particular club, up and down.

Comment

Kids can and do move. I saw it happen at three age groups this spring. Injuries occurred and kids were given the chance to fill in. Next year those fill ins are full-time rostered players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X