Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best players

There is a new club coming west .Nefc a proven solid club.to all serious players come to tryouts next week and we will form a great club here in western mass.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a new club coming west .Nefc a proven solid club.to all serious players come to tryouts next week and we will form a great club here in western mass.
    I'd bring my kid, but I don't know where or when or how to register?

Comment

06 and 07 teams are set, ready to beat the snot out of the entitled east....again

Comment

Better get your replies in quick before this kid's internet access gets shut off.

Comment

Good luck to them! Their 2007 team is bloody awful! They took anyone with a pulse. Way to start off strong NEFC west!

Comment

Good luck to them! Their 2007 team is bloody awful! They took anyone with a pulse. Way to start off strong NEFC west!
            Yep, definitely judge a club by its 2007 team, it tells you everything you need to know :)

Comment

You should see the mess at 08 and 09. Kids barely can tie their own shoes, no NT level kids

Comment

You should see the mess at 08 and 09. Kids barely can tie their own shoes, no NT level kids
                Nah, wouldn't put too much stock into shoe tying ability. Seen plenty of U12 DAP kids this year with shoes that came untied during games due to poor knot tightening skills, and they seem to be pretty decent soccer players.

Comment

Nah, wouldn't put too much stock into shoe tying ability. Seen plenty of U12 DAP kids this year with shoes that came untied during games due to poor knot tightening skills, and they seem to be pretty decent soccer players.
                  Phew, I was thinking bout going Velcro. You should see my 8yo throw the ball in, kids got skills

Comment

Phew, I was thinking bout going Velcro. You should see my 8yo throw the ball in, kids got skills
                    Kid'll get beat up if he goes velcro....

Comment

Yep, definitely judge a club by its 2007 team, it tells you everything you need to know :)
                      Yeah! It tells you they will take anyone willing to pay!

Comment

Yeah! It tells you they will take anyone willing to pay!
                        True but not completely fair. Not sure you should be giving up on kids at 10/11 yo. Sure, not all will be stars but it's not unrealistic to think an uncoordinated 10 yo can turn into a starter or contributor on a good team in a few years later. Agreed they will take your money either way but they also look long term

Comment

True but not completely fair. Not sure you should be giving up on kids at 10/11 yo. Sure, not all will be stars but it's not unrealistic to think an uncoordinated 10 yo can turn into a starter or contributor on a good team in a few years later. Agreed they will take your money either way but they also look long term
                          The problem is they are taking weak players and putting them on elite teams, thereby setting the rest of the team up for failure. Don't you think it's important to play with individuals at or close to the same level of skill? Call me an azz but there are some kids who you just know will never get it, more about mom and dad wanting it than the actual kid himself.

Comment

The problem is they are taking weak players and putting them on elite teams, thereby setting the rest of the team up for failure. Don't you think it's important to play with individuals at or close to the same level of skill? Call me an azz but there are some kids who you just know will never get it, more about mom and dad wanting it than the actual kid himself.
                            yea, I see that. Hopefully there are enough kids for two teams so the worst isn't playing with the best. Give the bottom kids time to develop while the stronger kids get stronger. Agreed that if the discrepancy in talent is large on a single team it does neither player any good. The problem is also the parent of the talented kid sticking around, time to challenge the kid instead of a hot shot on a crap team.

Comment

That's why most clubs have a, b, c teams, to put kids where they belong. Problem with NEFC west is they are new to the area, and have to build from the bottom up. A lot of parents weren't impressed and have decided to go elsewhere or remain at their clubs. Doesn't help the two running the show were both fired and have tarnished reputations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X