When others forget
    They’re only YOUNG CHILDREN,

NOT ADULTS YET!!!!

Copyright reserved for owner.

Really? Meh.

Comment

Keeper's Dad here:
      1. Please don't cheer goals on goalkeeper errors; and
      2. No noisemakers after goals, especially NO COWBELLS.
      I'm begging you. Maybe more for my sake than the kid's, but, still, I'm begging you.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Keeper's Dad here:
        I'm begging you. Maybe more for my sake than the kid's, but, still, I'm begging you.
        Right, polite golf claps only!

Wait, why stop there? A wink and a nod should suffice.

(I'm just kidding. I do feel for a young kid who lets in a howler and some parents cheer like they just won the WC).

Comment

Keeper's Dad here:
          How about no laughs at keeper mistakes.

Keeper parent as well. My son went to scoop and fumbled a ball and the opposing team parents laughed. Apparently it bounced funny on an uneven patch of grass. He recovered and made the save. But really? We've resorted to laughing at 12 year olds?

Oh, and when my kid slides and makes a save and your kid goes running into him and trips; it's not a foul and your kid does not get a PK.

Comment

Keeper's Dad here:
            And if your kids team is up by 6? stop cheering. The other team is already.miserable enough

Comment

Keep your f'ing dogs home too! (Not as serious but a huge pet peeve of mine)

Comment

WOOF!

We bring ours on occasion, and keep them away from the crowds. As long as there isn't a no dogs allowed sign.

Comment

Literally.

Comment

Too bad. If dogs are allowed, we will bring our well behaved dog

Comment

How about no laughs at keeper mistakes.

Keeper parent as well. My son went to scoop and fumbled a ball and the opposing team parents laughed. Apparently it bounced funny on an uneven patch of grass. He recovered and made the save. But really? We've resorted to laughing at 12 year olds?

Oh, and when my kid slides and makes a save and your kid goes running into him and trips; it's not a foul and your kid does not get a PK.
                      At a U10 game opposing teams parents were pissed player got cautioned for going spikes up into keeper after keeper had ball. Kudos to ref for making the call.

Comment

At a U10 game opposing teams parents were pissed player got cautioned for going spikes up into keeper after keeper had ball. Kudos to ref for making the call.
                        Wow, goes to show how crazy some parents are. Like why would they care that kid got cautioned. No goal taken away. Instead of a GK punt, it's a free kick, so no advantage lost.
                        I see no reason to say a peep...unless of course you are a helicopter parent who doesn't want your kid to ever feel embarrassed.

Comment

When is it ever ok to go studs up?

Comment

People don't realize what a tough position keeper is. While most kids play fair, there is always a kid that pushes a dangerous line. My keeper son has been stepped on, body checked, etc. all after having the ball in hand.

Spikes up is never ok. Unfortunately this type of play is encouraged by some parents/coaches.

Comment

Yes! Just last week at my youngest' rec game some kids had a dog on a leash and the thing took a big dump right in front of our where we sitting on the sidelines just as the 2nd grade pack came charging for a ball that went out of bounds. How they didn't end up sliding or stepping in it was a miracle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X