Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend U11 boots?

Our girl is taking the club plunge...what boots u guys like for a 10yr old?

Whatever color she likes in the cheap section at Sport Authority or Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Do you really think that it makes a difference

Comment

Whatever color she likes in the cheap section at Sport Authority or Dicks.
        Touché...quite rite! We're going to be spending enough anyway, eh?

Comment

Faaaahkk...don't ask me.

I only have one kid so I drop way the hell too much...

True story, saw a kid wearing a pair of Copas at tournament recently. Plain old black and whites look way out of place.

Comment

Faaaahkk...don't ask me.

I only have one kid so I drop way the hell too much...

True story, saw a kid wearing a pair of Copas at tournament recently. Plain old black and whites look way out of place.
            My husband (who played in college and still plays in pick up league), will only wear Copas. He Hass to special order them, because they are so hard to get in his size (Small feet). Plus they are so expensive because they are hard to get. He hates all of these new bright colored plates. But there is a girl on my daughter's team who wears them, and he tells her all the time how awesome she is to wear those.

Comment

*cleates

Comment

My husband (who played in college and still plays in pick up league), will only wear Copas. He Hass to special order them, because they are so hard to get in his size (Small feet). Plus they are so expensive because they are hard to get. He hates all of these new bright colored plates. But there is a girl on my daughter's team who wears them, and he tells her all the time how awesome she is to wear those.
                Trust me, I know. I've worn nothing but Copas for 30+ years now. I was shocked when I saw them on a kid!

Comment

Club versus non club, it doesn't really matter. They probably will grow out Of them too quickly so don't spend too much. At that age, I'm not even sure leather is needed so conserve your $$. Too bad you missed the sale at WSG a few weeks back. Just make sure they fit for today not for six months from now.

Comment

the cheapest ones you can find...their feet grow so fast at that age its a waste of money to spend anything more than the minimum...you will get one full season if you are lucky

Comment

Club versus non club, it doesn't really matter. They probably will grow out Of them too quickly so don't spend too much. At that age, I'm not even sure leather is needed so conserve your $$. Too bad you missed the sale at WSG a few weeks back. Just make sure they fit for today not for six months from now.
                      Most boots now aren't real leather, especially at the smaller sizes. Too heavy.

I will say, though, find a good boot but try to find it on sale. Last year's colors are fine.

Bad footwear can cause a lot of problems. Add it to the fact that feet are somewhat necessary in soccer, I wouldn't put junk on anyone.

Comment

Don't listen to the cheapskates on this forum. What surfaces will she train and play on? My kids train and play half their games on turf, so I get them a good pair of turf cleats in addition to firm ground cleats for natural grass or wet weather.

The turfs are great for training as they are generally more comfortable and easier on the tendons in the feet as there are no pressure spots. Flats are good for futsal, indoor and general kicking around in the backyard or park.

Ensure you get a boot style that works width wise as well as length. Both my kids stick with Nike because they are comfortable, have tread patterns that work well for them, and we know the sizing well. Go with last season's styles to save money, but don't buy the cheapest boots you can find as the manufacturers cut corners on fit and finish. Better to purchase a mid priced or high end pair on sale. If your kid complains of foot, heel or kne pain pick up a pair of NxtMile inserts. Best $30 you'll spend.

Comment

Don't listen to the cheapskates on this forum. What surfaces will she train and play on? My kids train and play half their games on turf, so I get them a good pair of turf cleats in addition to firm ground cleats for natural grass or wet weather.

The turfs are great for training as they are generally more comfortable and easier on the tendons in the feet as there are no pressure spots. Flats are good for futsal, indoor and general kicking around in the backyard or park.

Ensure you get a boot style that works width wise as well as length. Both my kids stick with Nike because they are comfortable, have tread patterns that work well for them, and we know the sizing well. Go with last season's styles to save money, but don't buy the cheapest boots you can find as the manufacturers cut corners on fit and finish. Better to purchase a mid priced or high end pair on sale. If your kid complains of foot, heel or kne pain pick up a pair of NxtMile inserts. Best $30 you'll spend.
                          Did you see the part where She is u11?

Comment

Did you see the part where She is u11?
                            Nope.

Do you have an understanding of how the foot works, how important they are for the health of pretty much everything from the neck down, and are used fairly often in the sport?

Comment

Ahh, yes, fit for today. Good advice. Don't want her getting hurt because we bought a little big to try & get more life out of them. Just see all those kids with bright colors at tryouts & was wondering if there is any advantage to something pricey, more health wise that is, no so much performance. I see high collars & such. Better protection for potential ankle injury perhaps?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X