X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The USSF will make sure it squashes the ECNL

April Heinrichs in Soccer america interview:

"I think what parents have to do is sift through clubs that promote themselves and are very structured and organized and, in fact, recruit players, which is in the end a good thing. And here’s the simple answer from me: Do you think your daughter’s college-bound? And if she is, she should play on a Girls Development Academy team.

Because in college soccer, those girls are getting “paid” $30,000, $50,000, $60,000 a year [in scholarship] to play college soccer. College coaches want their future players to be in the Girls Development Academy.

If I had a daughter who wasn’t Division I college-bound, I’d just want her to happy and play soccer for as long as she can."

Soon it will be clear that it will be much harder to be chosen to a YNT camp if not impossible (geographic outliers- Hawaii etc may be the exception) unless the kid is DA. Politics takes precedence over current and future ability for at least half the spots on any given camp roster.

Of course. The NT stuff worked to market the ecnl and it will work to market the DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Politics takes precedence over current and future ability for at least half the spots on any given camp roster.
      This sure doesn't sound like good marketing to me!

Comment

It is good marketing for the other leagues.

Comment

Not good marketing, but there couldn't be a more true statement than that. Holds true for any competitive team on any club or league.

Comment

You have no idea how many parents have NT players on their hands. Just ask them.

Comment

Having players on the NT is the bread and butter of any top club. The usual suspects always compete and flock to where that happened. This time will not be different. DA is where the top clubs are putting their players and there is probably one or two clowns fooling around with this and USSf will kick them to the curb when time arrives.

Comment

Having players on the NT is the bread and butter of any top club. The usual suspects always compete and flock to where that happened. This time will not be different. DA is where the top clubs are putting their players and there is probably one or two clowns fooling around with this and USSf will kick them to the curb when time arrives.
                This post explains exactly how we have arrived at the current state of affairs.

Comment

Sorry, but I dont see what squashing the ECNL has to do with it. The ECNL board hold themselves is such high esteem that they cannot adn will not work with anyone who does not share that view. They are as arrogant as it gets. The USSF is run by some of the most arrogant for no real reason folks out there.

The two entities were NEVER going to work together.

That said, the ECNL are all about charging parents for a Competition platform that allows coaches to see multiple players in one location. Nothing about this approach helps produce , stimulate and develop better players

The GDA says its more about development, although we will see if that is the case.

Bottom line - A Coach is the one who sets the tone for his/her team . No alphabet soup of Leagues is going to change that.

Good coaches are what we as parents should be seeking irrespective of the league thy coach in. THAT is what is in short supply.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    sorry, but i dont see what squashing the ecnl has to do with it. The ecnl board hold themselves is such high esteem that they cannot adn will not work with anyone who does not share that view. They are as arrogant as it gets. The ussf is run by some of the most arrogant for no real reason folks out there.

The two entities were never going to work together.

That said, the ecnl are all about charging parents for a competition platform that allows coaches to see multiple players in one location. Nothing about this approach helps produce , stimulate and develop better players

the gda says its more about development, although we will see if that is the case.

Bottom line - a coach is the one who sets the tone for his/her team . No alphabet soup of leagues is going to change that.

Good coaches are what we as parents should be seeking irrespective of the league thy coach in. That is what is in short supply.
                    a-men!

Comment

Sorry, but I dont see what squashing the ECNL has to do with it. The ECNL board hold themselves is such high esteem that they cannot adn will not work with anyone who does not share that view. They are as arrogant as it gets. The USSF is run by some of the most arrogant for no real reason folks out there.

The two entities were NEVER going to work together.

That said, the ECNL are all about charging parents for a Competition platform that allows coaches to see multiple players in one location. Nothing about this approach helps produce , stimulate and develop better players

The GDA says its more about development, although we will see if that is the case.

Bottom line - A Coach is the one who sets the tone for his/her team . No alphabet soup of Leagues is going to change that.

Good coaches are what we as parents should be seeking irrespective of the league thy coach in. THAT is what is in short supply.
                      True, arrogant vs. arrogant but one is holding ALL the cards so they win. Not that complicated.

Comment

True, arrogant vs. arrogant but one is holding ALL the cards so they win. Not that complicated.
                        Players are the losers here for the most part.

Comment

Players are the losers here for the most part.
                          No they're not. They have more options than ever before. It's US soccer that loses out because this won't help. It just dilutes it even further.

ECNL will be just fine - they won't be the top dog any longer but a solid #2. As another said find the best coach/club for your player and don't get caught up in the leagues. In some cases the ECNL club might be a better option; others the GDA club. Very few of you have an NT or even top D1 player, despite what you'd like to believe.

Comment

No they're not. They have more options than ever before. It's US soccer that loses out because this won't help. It just dilutes it even further.

ECNL will be just fine - they won't be the top dog any longer but a solid #2. As another said find the best coach/club for your player and don't get caught up in the leagues. In some cases the ECNL club might be a better option; others the GDA club. Very few of you have an NT or even top D1 player, despite what you'd like to believe.
                            They are. I would be curious to know the total number of players lost to youth soccer in the 12 to 18 groups over the past few years.

Comment

As soon as it becomes clear that the USSF is scouting very much primarily from GDA events, and only taking a clear phenom from outside, all the parents of the u13 delusional crowd (and i mean crowd) will put their little superstars into the DA pipleines. While not all of them will truly be superstars, there will be some plus all of the next tier down. The talent will condense and the college coache's attention will shift entirely to to the efficient "stocked pond". Talk to me in 4 years about which league has gathered the top talent. It won't be a long conversation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X