Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to NTC?

So if US Soccer is throwing its weight behind DA, what happens to NTC? Does it disappear next year? Stick around for a few years to catch the girls who belong there, but are not on a DA club?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if US Soccer is throwing its weight behind DA, what happens to NTC? Does it disappear next year? Stick around for a few years to catch the girls who belong there, but are not on a DA club?
    DA will be visiting their members practices and games. This alone is a big reduction of NTC.

Comment

If you don't have the time and money to play in the GDA they are not interested. This is business.

Comment

Conveniently fails to mention anything about talent. What kind of business?

If you don't have the time and money to play in the GDA they are not interested. This is business.

Comment

Conveniently fails to mention anything about talent. What kind of business?
          The pay to play model has little to do with talent and never has. Sure, the better players usually rise but that is not absolute. Not only do you need money for GDAP, you must live close to one of the anointed clubs for it to be feasible to train 4x a week.

Comment

So what happens to those talented girls currently in NTC that are not on DA rosters for whatever reason, be it distance, cost, club loyalty, etc? Does US Soccer keep that model running concurrently for those girls? Drop it altogether? Is it trying to force the hands of parents to join one of the 2 DA programs in Mass (or the one in CT)?

Comment

https://www.socceramerica.com/articl...velopment.html

So what happens to those talented girls currently in NTC that are not on DA rosters for whatever reason, be it distance, cost, club loyalty, etc? Does US Soccer keep that model running concurrently for those girls? Drop it altogether? Is it trying to force the hands of parents to join one of the 2 DA programs in Mass (or the one in CT)?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the NTC is continuing on as per usual. The boys NTC program is still on going after 10 years of DAP. I also believe that boys DAP players are invited to NTCs, along with the best non-DAP players in the region, correct? If so, I would assume the girls would follow suit.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the NTC is continuing on as per usual. The boys NTC program is still on going after 10 years of DAP. I also believe that boys DAP players are invited to NTCs, along with the best non-DAP players in the region, correct? If so, I would assume the girls would follow suit.
                  The best non dap players with the exception of boy's ecnl players. They are probably out of luck with this destructive ******* contest.

Comment

The best non dap players with the exception of boy's ecnl players. They are probably out of luck with this destructive ******* contest.
                    This is from an outdated site describing the TCs (before U14 was added to DAP), but specifies that "Top players from each Academy club at both age groups will be invited to attend the training sessions." The current description of the TCs on the US Soccer website doesn't specify whether or not DAP players are invited, does anybody know for sure?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X