Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day tournament horror stories.

Drunk moms, drunk coaches, crazy parents/coaches, late night at the pool, or parents tossed from any games? Lay it on us. We like to laugh at all the shenanigans.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Drunk moms, drunk coaches, crazy parents/coaches, late night at the pool, or parents tossed from any games? Lay it on us. We like to laugh at all the shenanigans.
    Let me grab the popcorn.

Comment

No parking at Sprague fields in Wellesley

Comment

The condition of the porta-potties was shocking and offensive.

I am going to write a strongly worded letter insisting that the clubs teach some manners to the uncouth cretins who utilize the facilities and conduct themselves in a less than civilized manner.

Comment

Not enough refs at umass college showcase portion of needham tournament. Two of our 3 games started 20 minutes late. Don't remember it being this disorganized in the past.

Comment

Not enough refs at umass college showcase portion of needham tournament. Two of our 3 games started 20 minutes late. Don't remember it being this disorganized in the past.
            Print this and remember forever

Whatever Fred Marks touches turns to SH1T

Comment

And Tim Dunne.

Comment

Print this and remember forever

Whatever Fred Marks touches turns to SH1T
                I am in total agreement. He is a disaster.

Comment

And Tim Dunne.
                  I am in total agreement. He is a disaster.

Comment

But who's worse?

Comment

We had a match delayed for 25 due to a bee swarm, lol. Now that's a sign from God :).

Comment

That is a bit shocking. I know that an Open Games email was looking for 10+ refs for Monday finals at Amherst MA on the day before and Needham finals are very highly regarded amongst top refs for the bonus pay. Frankly, the word is since the Memorial Day semis and finals bonus pay went down by about 30% for Needham and eliminated on GPS side (which is about a 50% reduction vs Needham prior years) with all game lengths up for U13+ vs prior years, top refs I know of will sit out on following years Memorial Day tourneys.

Comment

That is a bit shocking. I know that an Open Games email was looking for 10+ refs for Monday finals at Amherst MA on the day before and Needham finals are very highly regarded amongst top refs for the bonus pay. Frankly, the word is since the Memorial Day semis and finals bonus pay went down by about 30% for Needham and eliminated on GPS side (which is about a 50% reduction vs Needham prior years) with all game lengths up for U13+ vs prior years, top refs I know of will sit out on following years Memorial Day tourneys.
                          Really sad that the success of a tourney goes to how much ref's are paid or how good they are
                          referring. Remember people is about the kids. If your team didn't score enough goals to win, even with a bad ref ... look 👀 yourself in the mirror and do some soul searching.

Comment

Really sad that the success of a tourney goes to how much ref's are paid or how good they are
                            referring. Remember people is about the kids. If your team didn't score enough goals to win, even with a bad ref ... look 👀 yourself in the mirror and do some soul searching.
                            Everyone understands that. Point is, if you're going to assign/pay quality refs for these games, let's hope they don't just mail it in.

I witnessed a few extremely reckless tackles this w/e that fortunately didn't result in serious injuries, but nothing was done to discourage that type of play. Refs were just looking at their watches.

Comment

Everyone understands that. Point is, if you're going to assign/pay quality refs for these games, let's hope they don't just mail it in.

I witnessed a few extremely reckless tackles this w/e that fortunately didn't result in serious injuries, but nothing was done to discourage that type of play. Refs were just looking at their watches.
                              Meanwhile we had few issues with our refs. A few questionable calls but they went both ways. Nothing ouy of the ordinary. It isn't easy getting enough refs and it doesn't help that many youth refs have games of their own.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X