Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portugal Connection

I know there's a big Portuguese community in MA and RI. Anyone know of someone who is well connected back in Portugal. Someone who could open a door there for a possible tryout type opportunity?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know there's a big Portuguese community in MA and RI. Anyone know of someone who is well connected back in Portugal. Someone who could open a door there for a possible tryout type opportunity?
    Weird question

Comment

Jose Mourinho?

Comment

Please tell me this isn't a serious question

Comment

Don't ask the Portuguese community. They don't know sh*t. Most of them are from the Azores here in New England, not the mainland where the top two/three clubs are. The Azores based soccer clubs are second and third division. There's a reason they immigrated here, most of them were dirt poor peasants.

Comment

Don't ask the Portuguese community. They don't know sh*t. Most of them are from the Azores here in New England, not the mainland where the top two/three clubs are. The Azores based soccer clubs are second and third division. There's a reason they immigrated here, most of them were dirt poor peasants.
            Sao Miguel just had there lights turned on in the last decade. Ever been to the Azores? Third world. Fishermen and pig slaughtering butchers, pretty much it. They have promo/relegation like other Euro countries. I think Santa Clara was promoted 3 years ago and didn't last long.

Comment

Sao Miguel just had there lights turned on in the last decade. Ever been to the Azores? Third world. Fishermen and pig slaughtering butchers, pretty much it. They have promo/relegation like other Euro countries. I think Santa Clara was promoted 3 years ago and didn't last long.
              Let's not forget Madeira (Cristiano Ronaldo's birthplace) is their only claim to fame. Nothing there either but a flower burgeoning island. Not officially part of the Azores Islands but no industry/commerce to speak of. Once again, don't rely on the Portuguese community for soccer connections, they have none.

Comment

But they all played in LASA, 30 years ago. They're soccer gurus!! Lol!

Comment

But they all played in LASA, 30 years ago. They're soccer gurus!! Lol!
                  Insufferable, obnoxious know it alls.

Comment

It is a big community but they are for the most part, janitors and custodians. The occasional mechanic, but that's it.

Comment

What if I did?

Comment

What if I did?
                        Sure you do. You have an in at a custodial job at Middlesex Community College? Former LASA player? Obrigado, let's have a beeya togetha at the club!!

Comment

Sure you do. You have an in at a custodial job at Middlesex Community College? Former LASA player? Obrigado, let's have a beeya togetha at the club!!
                          You from New Beffa? I'm from Fa Riva! These stupid Americans don't know nothing, I know socca!! I played for Lusitano!!

Comment

You from New Beffa? I'm from Fa Riva! These stupid Americans don't know nothing, I know socca!! I played for Lusitano!!
                            You're a demented racist!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X