X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDAP will be ruinous for JD's wallet

I wonder if people will still pay over 6K for the B league "ECNL"

Dude you do realize your DA is going to cost $3500 per player right?

Comment

DA is only marginally less than ECNLbut will cut inot club profits. More practices, sometimes more travrl, pressure from Ussf to lower fresults and give more scholarships. Players will make a switch if think the program has merit and is a good fit for them. If ecnl suits their needs they will stay. Cost is rarely a deciding factor for the target market

Comment

So...

What your saying is ,even if a kid is better by far ,still won't be able to play because financially not doable for their family.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I wonder if people will still pay over 6K for the B league "ECNL"
          JDs wallet can take the hit, not sure if his ego can. He has done a lot to develop girls soccer in MA, but others have caught up and passed him by.

Comment

i hope you get sued for posting. There, I feel better. Now to ruin your thread. I think he is an excellent coach. My daughter has improved a lot and has great opportunities. Sorry that it is not the narrative you want for your post.

Notice how only one club posts this sh*^. It gets really old.

Comment

i hope you get sued for posting. There, I feel better. Now to ruin your thread. I think he is an excellent coach. My daughter has improved a lot and has great opportunities. Sorry that it is not the narrative you want for your post.

We had more than 70 coaches at my daughter's game yesterday in NJ. I will admit that I am the first one to admit surprise. I had no idea that ECNL attracted so many coaches. I also have to admit the showcases are well run. Now if they could just get rid of the gear so I don't have to burn a hole in my wallet.

Comment

Defensive much?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Defensive much?
                  Not defensive at all. He is a great coach. Ask any of the normal BBA parents what they think of your posts. They all know who it is.

Comment

Currently Stars is treating ECNL and DA as equals. I think time will tell. Stars pulls in enough talent to field great ECNL and NPL teams currently. I think the real loss of talent will end up at the NPL level as people will no longer want to play on the "C" team which is what the current NPL will become.

Comment

Currently Stars is treating ECNL and DA as equals. I think time will tell. Stars pulls in enough talent to field great ECNL and NPL teams currently. I think the real loss of talent will end up at the NPL level as people will no longer want to play on the "C" team which is what the current NPL will become.
                      Yes NPL takes the brunt of the impact. ECNL will be a strong #2 league despite the fact that USSF would like it to disappear. NPL is too fragmented and disorganized to battle it out with ECNL. ECNL is a well oiled machine and that is why it will survive, even if weakened

Comment

Yes NPL takes the brunt of the impact. ECNL will be a strong #2 league despite the fact that USSF would like it to disappear. NPL is too fragmented and disorganized to battle it out with ECNL. ECNL is a well oiled machine and that is why it will survive, even if weakened
                        I agree. DA will take time to figure itself out. Probably at least 3-4 years. During that time ECNL will continue to rule.

Comment

I agree. DA will take time to figure itself out. Probably at least 3-4 years. During that time ECNL will continue to rule.
                          Yes. I think USSF was hoping it would be instant but it won't be. Too many top players are recruited and college coaches haven't been convinced of anything yet. Rome wasn't built in a day lol

Comment

Yes. I think USSF was hoping it would be instant but it won't be. Too many top players are recruited and college coaches haven't been convinced of anything yet. Rome wasn't built in a day lol
                            The great divider is that high school piece. If that criteria wasn't there for DA, I think many more would be interested. I realize that defeats the whole purpose of DA but it does change the playing field.

Comment

The great divider is that high school piece. If that criteria wasn't there for DA, I think many more would be interested. I realize that defeats the whole purpose of DA but it does change the playing field.
                              The other piece will be playing time. Great program for starting 11. That's when you will see more disgruntled parents from DA clubs coming on here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X